Chapter 20

Ananya came out of the washroom and peeked into the room to see Arav no where and Neil was examining the room.

"Where is Arav?" Ananya asked.

"He went to bathroom." Neil said.

"Umm....would u like to have coffee? " Ananya asked him.

"Why would u say to Arav that not to bother me like that?" Neil asked seriously crossing his arms.

"He is a kid sir.....he keeps asking something or other. For once u can come but you can't come everytime and what if he gets used to you?" Ananya asked in fear.

"Why can't I come?" Neil asked her frawning making her sigh.

"You'll leave your work, family....and come here just to meet him wherever he ask?" Ananya asked raising her brows at him.

"Yes." Neil said as the matter of fact.

Avni stood dumbfounded.

"Why?" Ananya whispered.

"Can't we do that much for our loved once?" Neil asked her and Ananya stood like an idiot trying to understand what he is saying.

"Do u remember what I said yesterday that u're so naive and innocent?" Neil asked her and avni nodded her head in yes.

"Add stupid and dumb in that list." Neil said and walked out from the room whistling to himself.

It took a minute for her to understand he actually meant and glared at the direction he went.

"Did you just call me stupid and dumb?" Ananya exclaimed following him.

"Yes." Neil said looking at her.

"Mumma, what is stupid and dumb?" Arav asked and she widened her eyes at him.

"No no nothing bacha....it's just...." she trailed off not knowing what to say.

"Champ, would u like to play something?" Neil asked Arav who jumped in his place excited.

Neil winked at her discreetly while taking arav with him to the living room and Ananya glared at him.

Ananya went and prepared milk for Arav and coffee for both of them. When she walked into the living room she froze looking at arav sitting on Neil's lap.

He used to sit like that only on her brother's lap and nostalgia hit her remembering those memories. She stood there staring at them and unknowingly tears formed in her eyes.

Neil glanced at her and saw her looking at them with teary eyes.

"Anany?" Neil called her and she looked at him.

"What happened?" Neil asked concerned.

"Nothing." She walked towards them and gives him coffee.

She gave milk glass to Arav and sat down on the sofa beside Neil sipping on her coffee. Neil looked at her from side and wrapped his hands around her shoulder.

Ananya stiffened and looked at his arms and then at him. Neil pulled her closed to him and she gasped at their proximity. He ignored her glare and sipped coffee while watching the T.V as if it was normal for him.

This was new to her....this feeling, this proximity.....Although she had many male friends, she was never this close to any man in her life. She tried to move away but he didn't let her and she stopped moving.

Neil still didn't remove his hand on her shoulder and she looked at both of them. Him wrapping his arms around her and Arav sitting on his lap this whole thing looking like a picture of perfect family which she craved for after her family demised.