Mr. Rockstar chapter 20 (edited)

Start from the beginning

On top of all this, I had been in the studio recently to record some covers of songs. I did, 'Kryptonite' by 3 Doors Down, 'Thank God I'm Pretty' by Emilie Autumn, 'Sober' by Pink, and 'Ignorance' by Paramore. I was due back in later this week to record a few more and then again the week after for more. This and all of everything else that was going on in my life led to one busy schedule for me. And then, on top of everything else, I was starting back up at Hot Topic when Andy and I got back from the honeymoon. We were only going to go for a week to wherever it is we're going because I don't think either of us would be able to handle more than that away from Ali and Andy. 

Shaking all the hectic, crazy thoughts from my head, I crept into our room and headed over to the closet, I changed out my undergarments for something more easily worn with dresses and then started searching for something that would be easy to slip in and out of, that, now that I think about it, is most everything that I own. So, I opted for an off the shoulder Escape The Fate t-shirt that I had cut myself, a black tank top to wear underneath, black skinny jeans, black Vans and my Batman bag.  

I kissed Andy's cheek lightly as not to wake him and then headed back downstairs to where my sister was cooing at my babies. I smiled and then told her I was ready, having done my hair and makeup earlier. Now that I thought about it, I wasn't really sure why I hadn't gotten dressed when I had done everything else. It was kind of odd. 

"Ready?" Taylor asked as I came to rest on the landing of the first floor. I nodded and she smiled. "Good, everybody's outside waiting for you to get this show on the road." 

"Okay, okay, I get it, I'm slow," I groaned, putting my bag in the basket on the stroller. "I'm sorry, I don't prepare for just myself now." 

"Oh, I'm not blaming you or anything, I'm just saying, you have an appointment at one-thirty and we're all hungry," Taylor justified, tapping her beige flat covered foot on the grey tile.  

"Okay, I'm ready," I said, putting my phone in my back pocket and opening the front door. "I'm hungry too, so let's get going." 

"Okie Dokie, Smoky," Taylor trilled in an exaggerated central eastern accent. When we were all younger we used to sound like that, but over the years, it had softened, and since moving to California, had been nearly diminished and unrecognizable. Though, I was determined to keep a little of my foreign lilt and not succumb to the regular California accent. 

I closed and locked the door behind me as Taylor, the babies and I made our way down the driveway to my awaiting entourage. My mom smiled and hugged me, kissing me on the cheek and then walking next to me on the sidewalk. 

"Baby, you make such a good mommy," my mom said, bumping me with her hip. I smiled at her. 

"Thanks, Mama," I said, walking down the street with my friends and family. Despite the impending doom of wearing dresses, I was looking forward to spending this day with my loved ones. I hadn't seen my or Andy's family since Christmas and four months is far too much time to not see someone you love. I could not imagine not being able to see Andy or my babies for four months, let alone a week. 

"So, where are we gonna eat, 'cause I'm hungry," Scout said, rubbing her stomach. I chuckled at her. 

"I don't know," I said, walking down the sidewalk to get out of our neighborhood. "What do you guys want to eat?" 

"Oh, I don't know, food," Taylor said, being extremely sarcastic. I curse the years that I had spent only using sarcasm around that girl. I turned and glared at her. 

"How about Olive Garden?" Amy suggested, trying to diffuse the glaring contest my sister and I were engaged in. 

"That sounds good," Scout commended, nodding. "I haven't been there in forever."