Chapter 18: Bishop vs Korra

Start from the beginning

The black creatures opened their mouths, launching their elemental energy towards Korra. The Avatar tries to use her water, and earth bending to block every attack, but barely creates any progress. While the water was effective at blocking the attacks, Korra had a limited amount of water she could use before everything around her evaporated.

Using Earth on the other hand would instantly turn to pieces at the point of impact, causing the flying debris to blind her or burn her skin. Korra didn't want to take the fight up close as it didn't seem advantageous for the young protagonist. Creating a vacuum of air below herself, Korra started gliding through the attacks, heading straight for the inked villain himself.

This excited Bishop as the young Avatar dove herself into harm's way.

"Yes! Fight me!" Bishop exclaimed.

Getting within a melee distance from her opponent, Korra jumps up from her air glider, launching a flurry of kicks towards his general direction. Bishop, being the excellent fighter he was, managed to block all her attacks and caught Korra by her right leg. From here, Bishop flings Korra against a wall once more, smashing her back against it. Korra vomits out blood as her organs suffer some internal damage from his aggression. While the Avatar wanted to catch her breath, she didn't have time to relieve herself as she saw Bishop coming towards her with intense speed.

The inked villain suddenly appeared in front of her with a red, sinister glow in his eyes as begins to drop his heel towards her head. Reacting to the blow with quick haste, Korra intercepts the strike by putting both of her hands above her head. Crouching against the ground, she struggles to lift his leg off herself as his overwhelming power continues to dominate her.

"I'm going to make sure you're awake just enough to feel every cut and bruise and lay against you. I'm going to give you a painful death. Just like I did your precious Asami." Bishop stated.

Hearing his taunts, Korra gets furious as she obtains the strength she needs to overpower him. Finally pushing his leg away from her, she lands a roundhouse kick towards his face. Bishop's jaw gets dislocated as he's forced away from Korra. The fury of punches continues with every blow showing an intent to kill. The villain tries increasing distance between himself and his opponent, but Korra's agility suddenly becomes too much for him to bear. Every step Bishop takes to gather himself, Korra immediately returns to pin him down.

Bishop raises his arm as she continues to guard himself, unable to find a single opening in Korra's attack. With the Avatar enraged, she is finally able to turn the fight around as she's on the offensive.

Tired of being riddled with fists, Bishop tries throwing a hook towards Korra's direction. This only makes things worse as it broke his defenses, allowing Korra to sweep her feet beneath him. This sends the cult leader flying into the air. The loss of his balance has him suspended in the air, unable to protect himself from Korra's next attack.

With her hand as flat as possible, Korra surrounds her fist with intense flames as she jabs through Bishop's body, piercing his chest while grabbing one of his hearts. Through his back, blood and pieces of muscle escape from his body, plopping against the stone-cold floor. The heart she managed to grab was the organ that controlled the fire element. With his organ in her grasp, Korra doesn't hesitate to turn the meat in front of her into a thick, red paste, smashing it into a jam-like texture. Bishop feints as his unconscious corpse slides off Korra's bloodied arm.

Thinking her enemy is dead, Korra pulls her arm from the corpse and begins to walk away as she tries catching her breath. Turning away from her assumed to be deceased enemy, Bishop regains consciousness as he gets up from the ground and runs towards Korra. Humidifying the air into ice, Bishop makes a dagger using his environment. Reaching his blade towards the Avatar's back, she hears his battlecry and reacts just in time to turn away from the attack, having only her shoulder be pierced.