𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 13

Start from the beginning

"And why would I make any different, then?" Kunimi sighed and Iwaizumi looked at him.

"Because you like Y/n."

"Ehhhhhhhhhhh!?!" The whole team exclaimed in unison.

"Past tense, please. That was three years ago, Iwaizumi-san," Kunimi said, sighing and thinking about how he used to have a crush on you when he first joined Kitagawa Daiichi's volleyball club, and somehow it's becoming a big deal right now which is three years later.

"I know, and the only people who still know about it are Kindaichi, me, and Oikawa," Iwaizumi mentioned.

"And Kageyama, because I remember him threatening you back then to never hit on his sister," Kindaichi added unnecessarily and instantly earned an annoyed glare from his best friend.

"Cutting out the Kageyama part," Iwaizumi waved his hand, "Oikawa still knows about it. And when he sees that you probably develops feelings for y/n again, he might get jealous."

"O....kay? I still don't want—"

"Dude! one hit with a ball won't kill you! well... probably not," Yahaba insisted on the plan but muttered out the last part.

"All you have to do is just talk to y/n more and act like you actually have feelings for her. Then, just ask her to be your date for the festival. And Oikawa's tolerance for someone flirting with y/n should snap," Hanamaki added.

"His tolerance or my head," Kunimi shook his head.

"Look, we— as in us third years, will treat you ramen for a week after this all ended ...or maybe whatever you'd like to be treated with. How about that?" Matsukawa offered desperately and Kunimi went quiet for a while, then his lips curved upward,

"Tell me more about the plan"

/

That should sum up why Kunimi's been suspiciously trying to get close to you, and also why you're waiting for him in front of your locker right now.

You casually lean your back on the locker and scroll through your phone randomly while waiting for your underclassman. In the meantime, being as rude as he is, Oikawa is being a peep looking over at you right now without you noticing. And of course, his best friend is dragged along... except Iwaizumi's willing to come this time so that in case of anything getting out of hand, he would be able to help.

"Kunimi-kun!" You call out as the boy comes near the locker hall but looks like he hasn't seen you. He quickly jogs over immediately once he hears your voice.

"Sorry, have you waited long?"

"Not at all! So what is it that you want to talk about?"

You tilt your head looking at him. Kunimi scratches the back of his head while trying to recall the script he had made up on the way here. His ears turn a reddish color and soon his cheeks as he processes the thought.

Looking another way while still blushing, Kunimi hesitatingly says, "well, I heard you don't have a date for the festival yet and..."

"and...?"

You do know what the next part is. This is not the first time that someone would act like this before asking you out, so it isn't anything new.

But Kunimi... the guy who rejects every single girl that ever confesses to him? That's something.

You look at him awkwardly but still trying to maintain a normal composure. That is, until he says his next line,

"I'm wondering if you'd like to go to the festival with me."

With Kunimi-kun?

Will it be a good decision if I say yes? He's a good guy that I know, after all.

And it's not like Tooru-san would ask me out anyway...

"I actually would be glad to—"

"Oi, Shittykawa!"

Suddenly, Oikawa gets out of his hiding spot and Iwaizumi is too late to stop his friend. Because of the loud noise, you stop talking and immediately turn your head to look at the culprit.

"Tooru-san?" You call in confusion.

"We're going home."

"I'm not done talking to Kunimi-kun yet! Hey!!" You frown as Oikawa grabs your wrist and tries to pull you away. With stern-looking eyes, he turns to his underclassman, "Kunimi-chan wouldn't mind talking about it another time, right?"

"Not at all."

Reluctantly, the younger boy responds with a straight face. Oikawa stares at him one last time before walking out with you following him, wrist still attached to his hand.

Watching the scene closely, Iwaizumi let out a laugh, "You really pissed him off, didn't you."

"Maybe I have a death wish by following your plans."

"Either way, I hope that will resolve something for them. Man, you're a good actor, you know that?" Iwaizumi softly slaps Kunimi's back before walking out. Kunimi sighs tiredly and his eyes dart up to the white clouds traveling over his head.

"Either I'm a really good actor, or it probably wasn't pure acting."

꒰ ˚⋆ 💍🦋❔ ˚。⋆⁺