Chapter 4: Mission Briefing

Começar do início

She saw his dark eyes. There was indeed a history there and not a very good one. He was probably lucky to be alive. "You have no idea. Where were you during it?"

She hesitated. No way she could just come out and say where she actually was at the time. "Somewhere far away from the mess. A more secluded...planet."

"How did you avoid it?"

"Just lucky I guess."

"Too lucky," Crosshair interrupted. Here she was trying to express her rare sympathy and of course he had to ruin the mood. "You probably were fighting along with the other Jedi generals."

"For the last time, I'm not a Jedi," Kira sighed. One of these times he'd get it through his damn head.

"Indeed she is correct," Tech said, speaking up. "The red lightsabers are an automatic separation, sort of like a symbol. According to what I just researched, that color is most common amongst the...Sith cult."

Silence hung after that. All eyes were on Kira. Kriff.

"What's a Sith?" Wrecker asked, sitting on a turned over GNK droid as a makeshift seat. He didn't understand all this political stuff.

"Perhaps Shadow would like to answer?" Crosshair eyed her suspiciously with a smirk at the corner of his lips. "Such an odd name for a human after all. Maybe you should take off that helmet and show your face. We all have revealed ourselves to you. What do you have to hide?" He was just wanting so badly to toss her out the airlock. She didn't need to read minds to know that.

Hunte sighed. This was going to end badly if they stayed on this path. He could foresee the mess, plus it wasn't a good idea to make a powerful enemy on a small ship in the midst of hyperspace. "Crosshair..."

"No Hunter. This needs to be handled. Now. Before she gets too comfortable." The sniper was dead set on breaking her. Well, she's had a very long and hard road growing up. It's going to take more than a little threat to crack this hard shell.

"I don't have to prove anything to you. I never asked to see your faces. You exposed yourselves to me on your own accord. That's on you. Nothing to do with me." Kira shook her head slightly and looked away. "I'm not a Sith. I'm not anything really. Just a simple bounty hunter making her way in this galaxy."

She noticed Hunter was staring at her, also with a few reservations. Even though he wasn't on board with Crosshair, it didn't mean he wasn't concerned for his squadron. If she lost him, since she assumed he took his role to be more of the leader, then the other clones would follow suit. Crosshair would shoot her faster than Hunter would give him clearance to do so. 

He didn't take his eyes off her, but directed his question elsewhere. "Tech...what did these Sith people do?"

Tech's fingers flew across the datapad. "According to what I can find on such short notice, it seems that the Sith were the complete opposite of what a Jedi stood for. Where they fought for peace and justice, a Sith created more havoc and destruction for their own personal power gain. They had a very religious connection with this 'Force'- a word I keep reading over and over- so I can only think it's like what they see as their deity, or god of sorts."

Kira snorted softly, trying not to laugh. Unfortunately, everyone stared at her again. "It's honestly not what you're thinking..."

"We are open to hearing some...explanations," Hunter said, narrowing his eyes out of suspicion. One hand rested on his hip, close to his blaster, just in case she went crazy like on Pantora. He wouldn't draw the blaster unless he came at him or one of the other members first. He wanted to try to handle this civilly, unlike Crosshair.