"I Cry for the World, For Everyone"

Everything in Mondstat was as it should've been. A couple days had passed since the last time Venti had been to Windrise. This air of normalcy was a bit concerning.

It was only noon when The God of Wind sensed that something was wrong.

Jean was sitting quietly at her desk, jotting down a few new supply trading routes. Diluc assisting her in the matter.

"This is probably your best choice if you don't want to run into any hilichurls," the red haired male pointed to a spot on her map. "Although, you never really know with the way they are right now."

Amber rushed into the Acting Grandmaster's office, "Jean, quick!"

Diluc and Jean's posture automatically obtained a more professional stance as they stood. The blonde women stood rigidly in anticipation. "What's wrong Amber?" The blonde women asked hurriedly.

The brunette panted from how far she has sprinted, "The gates, the city.. we're under attack!"

Only seconds had passed before Jean was out of the office. She has gone to collect the others.

For they had promised everything to their city. Laying down their lives to protect The City of Freedom.

-

Jean sprinted through the town, sword drawn and placed tactically in front of herself. Kaeya's sword was in the process of being flipped out of its sheath. Lisa was close behind, her book levitating close to her, a few of the pages flipped as she sparked some electricity from her palm. Diluc had left them and started heading in from a different route.

The Bard was close behind them, sneaking off to the side to take advantage of his bow.

Venti pulled his bow from behind his back, pulling the string back sharply as he shot down an enemy. A sparkling essence drifted off the strings, floating throughout the air.

"We're all gonna die!" A drunken resident of Mondstat yelled. Which was quickly answered by the blue haired boy, "No such thing, not on my watch."

Venti was worried, he had not been prepared. How did he not sense this before hand. The God of Wind was ashamed of himself.
Venti took off at a full sprint, he had to be ready for anything.

As the Bard flipped over an oncoming large hilichurl, he shot another beast from an upside down position. His braids falling in the opposite direction that they usually do.

The ground was fast approaching and left no room for forgiveness as Venti fell harshly onto his back. "Gah!" He yelled in pain. After a moment of lying there, he lifted himself into the air with a burst of wind. Using the moment of suspension to regain his footing.

He ran along the stone bridge that he loved so, hitting hilichurls with each and every snap of his bow.

Meanwhile, Jean was charging after a rather snarky abyss mage. Her blonde ponytail being splayed beautifully in the air behind her. The Acting Grandmaster knew how to look elegant even while causing bloodshed.

As for Kaeya, he was freezing together a group of hilichurls that had been charging at him moments ago. Diluc stepped in soon after and vaporized them, killing them swiftly. Kaeya smirked at his brother and thanked him. While the red head simply side glanced him and got back to work.

Lisa was causing utter chaos, electrocuting the masses as a group tactic. Adding to everyone else's efficiency and efforts.

-

The sun was setting and the battlefield was becoming dark. Something dangerous for both parties involved. Hilichurls may be accustomed to these types of environments, but the darkness was never forgiving. Not to anyone.

"Alright," Venti huffed as he released the string of his bow once again, "you want a reckoning, I'll give it to you."

A roaring gust of wind sent everyone on the fighting grounds into silence. "Mondstat will not fall!" Barbatos yelled as the tsunami of wind crashed upon them and threw the enemies. Their numbers were thinning.

Swords clanged blaringly and calls of the enemies sounded loudly throughout the air. Blood was splattered on the stone of the bridge Venti loved so. A reminder that peace is never permanent.

Kaeya grunted loudly as he was periced deeply through his side. Lisa quickly ran to his side, "Kaeya, come, let's get to Barbara." The tall male huffed through gritted teeth, "We've almost won, my movements just became a little sloppy is all."

Everyone on the battlefields fatigue was becoming more and more prominent as the minutes passed. This was showing through their attacks, but they still had not to give up.

"Diluc!" A voice called from behind Venti. The male instantly turned his head to see Jean running to the red head. He was holding his claymore horizontally to stop the strike of a hilichurl axe.

"Jean-," Venti began to go towards them by whipping his body around. Yet, the one second of attention being taken caused an axe to be dug deep into his back, "AGH, AH!"

The Bard fell to the ground, his bow flying out of his hands and into the wall of the bridge. "Venti!" A group of voices yelled, as he tried to look up to his warriors his vision became black around the edges. The uneasy darkness creeping into the center of his eyes. "No," The Bard tried to speak, the pain of breathing making it very difficult, "I'll be- f- i—."

It wasn't a moment after this that a figure plummeted from above. A mask with horns placed fittingly against his face.

Zhongli, who happened to be fighting alongside the others, simply nodded to them as he watched Xiao take Venti.

"Everyone watch out!" The tall Geo Archon yelled in anger. He focused for a moment, crossing his arms as a meteor of stone began to hurl towards the remaining hilichurls and mages. "For even my friends cities are not worthy of your presence, WE will have order!"