Tangerine

I dropped the pile of clothes on the floor, and started to take off my gown. I paused to see if Jimmy would fling open the door. It stayed closed. I Wiggled into the rather tight pants, threw on the Led Zeppelin I shirt, and then the leather jacket. I couldn’t help but smile when I saw my reflection. After that, I combed my hair, so it was nice and silky, and brushed my teeth. I opened the door and walked into the dining area. Everyone was looking at me.”Umm. Good morning Led Zeppelin?” I said confused. “Holy crap Jimmy,you scored!” Bonzo said looking across the table at Jimmy. “You do look just like a girly version of Jimmy.” Jonesey said looking straight at me.I blushed and pushed back my hair.

    Jimmy patted the seat next to him. I smiled and sat down. “Uh, guys. Sorry, no breakfast. I burned the bacon.” Bonzo said with annoyance in his tone. “Goddamnit Bonzo!” Robert exclaimed. “Do you guys have flour, sugar and tap water?” I said perky. “Yeah, it’s in the cupboard, why?” Jimmy asked me. “I’ll be a couple minutes, just go and do something you guys!” I said shooing them. I grabbed a skillet, and a mixing bowl.  I poured the flour and sugar in the bowl and added water. While stirring, I started to hum “Tangerine.” When I poured the batter in five circles, an amazing smell crowded the room. I was still humming when I saw four heads pop around the corner. I just ignored them, like I didn’t see them. I grabbed some plates, and set them on the counter. I quickly looked in the fridge to see some more bacon. I threw that on a sizzling pan, and watched as the bacon crisped. Everything was done. I set the pancakes and bacon on plates for all of us, and poured some orange juice. “ Come on guys! I solved the crisis!” I yelled out into the living area. They all walked in and stopped. They all looked at me with wide eyes, while I was holding a maple syrup bottle. “What?” I said nervously. “Are you guys going to eat?” “YES!” They all said at once and ran over to the table and sat down. “This is probably the best homemade meal that we’ve had on the road! Jimmy, I hope you’re keeping her!” Bonzo said with his mouth full. And we all laughed and enjoyed breakfast.

“Guys, we need to go down to the stage to practice! The concert is in two bloody days!” Robert exclaimed. “Let’s go! Meredith, you grab Jimmy’s guitars and some of his amps, and we’ll meet you in the elevator, or at least Jimmurs will.” “Ok, I’m on it.” I said with confidence. I went into the back room and saw all of Jimmy’s guitars. The double neck, Gibson Les Paul, and more, but I only knew he needed the two. I grabbed them and gently put them in cases, picked them up, and walked to the elevator to find Jimmy waiting for me. “I’ll be right back, I need to grab your amps.” but before I could go to get them, he grabbed my arm. “They are already at the stage. Come on, let’s go.” Jimmy said to me. I picked up the guitars and walked into the elevator. I went over to a corner and slid down the wall onto the floor. “Hey, are you alright? You seem worried.” Jimmy said, while walking over to me and sitting down next to me. “ You guys just seem so stressed, the concert is in two days, and I just feel like I’m in your guys way.” I looked him in the eyes. “ I don’t want to ruin anything.” I put my head on his chest. “Meredith, you could never be in the way.” he said hugging me. I looked over at the buttons, the elevator doors were about to open.” Unless you want to get mauled by fangirls hun, we better get up and get ready to run!” I said pulling him up. I grabbed his Les Paul, and he grabbed his double neck. We braced ourselves, and when the doors slammed open, we ran. There was a car waiting for the band outside. I popped the trunk and put his guitars in, while he got in the car. I sat in between Jonesey and Jimmy. I was extremely tired. I rested my head on Jimmy’s shoulder and slept.

“Hey Meredith,umm. Jimmy’s girlfriend. We’re here!” Jonesey said shaking my shoulder. “Where’s Jimmy?” “He’s getting dressed, it’s a dress rehearsal.” I looked at him, he had

some sort of chinese looking coat with dangling hearts at the wrist, and dumpling shaped things at his shoulders. “Ahh.. So what do I do?” I said perking up. “Go ask Jimmy.” Jonesey said grabbing my hand to lead me out of the car and into Madison Square Garden. “Whoa, it’s even bigger than it looks like on the movie!” I said jumping up and down. When I saw Jimmy, a huge smile lept across my face, he had his dragon suit on, it was the same design as my dress. “Jimmy, could you get any cuter?” I said while stroking his hair. He laughed and led me into his dressing room, and closed the door. “So Jonesey wanted me to come to you to-” I was then interrupted when he ran over to me and started to kiss me. He scared me at first, but then I grabbed his back and pulled him closer. When he pulled back, I saw tears in his eyes. “Jimmy? What’s wrong?” I said, now with tears forming in my eyes. Before he talked, he pulled my hands around his hips. “I don’t know what to do Meredith! I’ve been so stressed out, I don’t know how to be unstressed.The concert is tomorrow.” He sat down on the cot. I stood there for a second, but then walked over to him and sat on his lap.

    I looked him in his eyes and slipped off his jacket, which was now revealing his bare chest. I pushed him down on the cot. I was now above him. I grabbed his shoulders, and he did the same to me. He pulled me down to his lips and we both kissed each other passionately. He started to rub his hands all over my back. “Jimmy, you know I love you.” I say out of breath. “Show me you love me.” He said with a clever smile on his face.” Jimmy, I’m only 13, or 18 right now. But I can do this.” I started to kiss him violently and sink my hips into him. “Hey Jimmy!! Let’s go!” Bonzo said flinging open the door, just to see me on top of Jimmy. He just laughed and walked away. Me and Jimmy exchanged looks and started to blush. I got off the cot and put his jacket back on him, and fixing his hair. “Go show them who’s the best.” I said jumping into his arms.  And with that, he walked out to the stage. On the backstage, everything was loud and amazing. Jimmy was playing amazingly, Robert was singing with soul, Jonesey kept the heartbeat with his bass, and Bonzo was a crazy man banging his drums. I was wandering around backstage when I found one of Jimmy’s acoustic guitars. I looked around and picked it up.

    I sat on a box, and strummed it to see if it was in tune. It was perfect. I started to play “Tangerine” I started to smile, I always played this at home. I stopped strumming for a minute. I looked down at the floor, and thought about home. I missed my horses, Bob, and the open fields to ride in, and I missed my family. Then I looked around the wall of amps. I would miss Jimmy too. “Tomorrow night. I’m going to go home.” I whispered to myself.