"We were in a tough spot for some years but things are so much better between us

"We were in a tough spot for some years but things are so much better between us." Michael responds as he slides his hand into mine and I smile up at him. "Keeping things on the lowdown has given us time to really work on our relationship and marriage."

"I love seeing you guys so in love, it makes me sick." Everyone laughs at her words. "An Evening with Luxe was such an amazing show and it might just be one of the best shows that I have seen in a long time."

"Thanks Ellen, that's sweet of you." I smile.

"It was so raw and personal." Ellen continues. "It really brought me back to a time where music made you feel and for a moment, it felt as if I was living your life. It was so beautiful to see you interact with your family and friends. All round an amazing show."

The audience clap which makes me smile more.

"Luxe is amazing like that." Michael adds as he looks at me. "She may not perform as much as she used to but when she does, the whole world stops and listens. Her voice is a gift from God and I am so blessed to be living in a time with someone like her."

His words make me blush.

"Well, I bet you had a different kind of evening with Luxe." Ellen remarks and I let out a squeal as the audience react.

"Ellen!" I cover my face in embarrassment. "There are children watching."

"Oh, I know." Ellen looks down at her card for a second. "One of your evenings is backstage."

My jaw drops and Michael bursts out laughing.

"Our Maya is not an evening." I playfully roll my eyes at her. "She was made with love."

We have a candid conversation about our marriage and things we are doing to make it work.

"Luxe, we were told you have a special announcement for us."

"I do." I straighten up in my seat. "Um..."

Michael gives my hand a reassuring squeeze and I look down at it for a moment.

"Over the last couple of weeks, I discovered news that I am sick again." I look at the audience who are staring back at with wide eyes and even Ellen looks taken back. "The doctors still don't know what is wrong with me but it's not looking good."

I stop talking as I feel the tears spring to my eyes.

"There is a possibility that Luxe won't..." Michael continues for me as I bite down on my bottom lip. "She might not make it."

"Oh my God." Ellen covers her mouth in shock.

"I was depressed for a while but with the time that I have left on this earth, I want to live it." Michael kisses my forehead. "We are taking things day by day and I want to be transparent about it because we cannot predict what my days will be like."