house issues

It had been a few weeks. April had been packing to move next door so Evie decided to avoid the stress of April yelling and take Mal to Alex's so they could catch up. Evie had been working a lot lately and so had Alex so they had only seen each other for an hour every other day and they needed some time together.

Mal was sitting on the floor just watching Frozen on his tv so he and Evie just chatted. Alex's place was small. He had enough room for him but not much so he was also thinking of a new house. Had April not beat him to it he probably would have happily moved next door but that wasn't possible anymore.

"So how long have you been living in this place?" Evie asked as she sipped some hot chocolate and passed puff to Mal who was fidgeting with anything she could find. Mal was quite good at getting fidgety. "Oh um a few years, but I've kind of been thinking of moving. This place is getting a bit cramped and worn down now." Alex responded.

"Evie I have homework, can we leave please?" Mal asked quietly when she realized frozen had ended. Evie knew it was an excuse as she was practically Mal's teacher so she just nodded, knowing that Mal was ready to leave. "Yeah it's getting kinda late anyway. How about you call me later and we can talk more about this. Maybe I could help you look for some places when Mal doesn't have... homework." Evie quickly told him as she grabbed her jacket and left with Mal.

Later that night, just as Evie got into bed to watch her favorite movie her phone started going off. She tried to ignore it as her favorite part was coming up but when she realized the name on the screen she quickly picked it up and answered. "Evie water is exploding out of my toilet. I need a new house now!" Alex yelled.

Evie just laughed as she got the image of him going to pee then ending up covered in toilet water in her head. "Evie, are you laughing? I'm serious, I need help." Alex told Evie as he could hear her laughing on the other end. "Right, sorry. It's just kinda funny to imagine," Evie playfully told Alex who just sighed as he looked down at his soaked clothes.

"Can I just come over to yours for tonight?" Alex asked Evie as he didn't know what else to do. Evie just looked up at the movie that she had just paused and then back to the phone. "Oh um I was kinda having some me time and watching my favorite movie. Plus it's kind of late and I don't want to wake Mal up with the door and the car engine. Is there anywhere else you could stay for tonight at least," Evie told her boyfriend as she was enjoying some time alone for once.

"That doesn't normally bother you. What movie is it? Is everything okay?" Alex whispered, kind of upset that Evie had rejected him. "Oh um yeah everything is fine. I'm just watching um 50 Shades. I just kind of don't get a lot of time alone anymore and I also don't want it to be awkward if you do come over, but I guess if you still wanted to..." Evie began. "Oh um no that's okay. I'm sure I can find somewhere else to stay. Enjoy the movie," Alex told Evie as he hung up the phone, not wanting to intrude when he could tell she didn't want him to.

Evie quickly called back after 5 minutes in silence alone watching her movie as she realized that she was starting to feel a bit lonely and bored. "I'm sorry, it's just that Mal normally sleeps in here and for once I got a break. If you want to, you can still come over." Evie told Alex feeling bad that she had rejected him. "I dunno, I don't wanna interrupt your movie." Alex told Evie who just sighed as she knew she should have probably worded things better.

"No, it's fine. You can watch it with me if you want to," Evie suggested, suddenly wishing she had some company as she wasn't used to such an empty house. "Are you sure? Won't I be interrupting your alone time though?" Alex asked Evie as he was still a little hurt that she rejected him before. "No, of course not! And yeah I'm sure. Turns out, me time is actually boring. I can use the company. Come over... please." Evie told Alex as she realized just how lonely she felt right now.

"Okay, i'll come over but only because I don't have time to find somewhere else to go." Alex told Evie as he was still a little bit upset with her. "Okay hurry," Evie told Alex as she just ended the call and waited for him to get there.

Alex got there pretty fast and went straight up to Evie's room, locking the front door behind him. "Hey I'm here now." He told her as he sat next to her and hugged her close. Evie smiled as she quickly pressed play and laid her head down on him, happy to finally have some company. They both just enjoyed each other's company and the movie until they eventually fell asleep both still in normal clothes as they forgot to even get into pajamas.

"So what are you going to do about your house?" Evie asked Alex the next day. "Honestly I don't know, I probably can't afford a new one right now so I'll just have to see if I can get the toilet fixed, if not I guess I'll just invest in a bucket." Alex told her truthfully as he had a very small budget. "I thought you were thinking about moving anyway though," Evie told Alex who just sighed as he nodded.

"Yeah I have been, but I wasn't exactly planning to move like right now. I was thinking of maybe doing some research first and giving it some more time. Besides, I didn't realize houses cost so much now." Alex explained to Evie who slowly nodded, unsure of what to suggest. "Well you could always move in here," Evie playfully told Alex as she started laughing a little bit.

"Wait, is that an offer or a joke?" Alex asked as he raised his eyebrow slightly knowing that if it was an offer he would definitely take it. "I don't know. I mean would you want to?" Evie asked Alex as she didn't want to come off as moving too fast. "I mean if you're offering. What about Mal though?"

thank you yo my friend Descendantsfan03
for helping me out and writing a lot of this chapter.