11

Getting MG's help had helped Jenna a lot. Over the next two weeks, MG would be the only vampire allowed to come to Mystic Falls anytime he wanted.

MG had created some sort of strategy for Jenna. He wouldn't let her know when he'd come to take her by surprise so she'd practice her restraint. To say MG had a broken arm for a third time in a row was an understatement, but at least Jenna was now able to control herself whenever she felt a vampire close.

This was a relief for both Elena and Damon, who could see the difference between then and now. They also began to like MG, he was polite and was helping their daughter. Of course, that didn't mean they invited him inside their house. They still had their concerns about letting a vampire in.

"MG's coming" Jenna told them that morning while the three of them were having breakfast.

Elena gave Damon a slight smile, noticing how relaxed Jenna seemed, unlike the past few weeks where it was all tension, anger and bitterness coming from her to them, specifically to Damon. It was a relief to Elena that finally her daughter could lead a normal life, well as normal a supernatural huntress in high school could get.

"So?" Damon asked, raising an eyebrow.

"So" Jenna gave her dad a frown, mockingly. Damon pointed his fork at her, warningly. He was also proud of his little girl. All these struggles and she braved through them like a Salvatore would. He knew Stefan would be proud of her. He could tell Stefan and Jenna were a bit alike in that aspect. Stefan had to push away his ripper self every day and become a good person and Jenna had to do the same with the huntress. Both had someone who helped them. Stefan had Lexi and Jenna had MG. He could see Lexi in the boy and not for once he felt a little guilty about killing his brother's best friend, something he had never voiced out loud but the regret had never left him. He hoped, this time nothing happened to Jenna's Lexi. "Don't you think you're being a little ridiculous by not inviting him inside the house?"

Damon smirked, "Look at you. It's not even a month and you're already besties with your prey"

"MG is not my prey" Jenna defended her vamp aid. Sure, it had taken her a bit of time but MG had became an important part of her life. He helped her regain normalcy, to control Rayna - who no longer appeared whenever the hell she wanted to - to control her own instincts. "He is my friend who helps me to be me again"

"And we love him for it" Elena said with a smile, but exchanged a look with Damon, "But he's still a vampire-"

"So?" Jenna asked in disinterest, "You guys were vampires too, and dad was one before you turned into one and yet you still trusted him enough to let him in your home when you were human"

"Wait, how do you know that?" Elena gave her an alarmed look.

Jenna innocently took a bite of her food, "Uncle Jer talks"

Damon scoffed, "What else did the punk told you?"

"Damon" Elena warned, but amusement laced her voice. Calling Jeremy punk wasn't something Damon hadn't gotten rid off since before they took the cure. In fact, he still called him that whenever he could, they felt it was his way to express they got along well.

"Enough" Jenna shrugged, innocently. "I mean, he did have a few interesting stories to tell me when you were young, mom"

Elena narrowed her eyes while Damon looked amused.

"And why would he do that?" Elena asked.

Jenna smirked but pursed her lips to hide it. Damon's smirk grew. Oh, that she learned from him. Innocent but mischievous.

"He thought that it was a good way to keep myself distracted from Ray - the huntress in my head" Jenna almost slipped on Reyna's name, widening slightly her eyes. Damon straightened his back, also noticing that little fact, staring intently at Jenna. Jenna bit her lip, "It worked a bit. Now, I know more about you than I already do"

"Jen-" Damon began when there was a knock on the door.

Jenna shoved one last bite of her breakfast to her mouth, "That's MG" she said, a little tense. She had felt him a few minutes ago but he was super awkward to interrupt family time he waited for a few minutes before knocking. Jenna couldn't be more glad of his timing as she was certain her dad was going to ask about that little slip. MG, again was her savior "Gotta go. Love you, bye"

Kissing both, Elena's temple and Damon's cheek, Jenna made a run toward the door, grabbing her backpack on the way, opening the door to find MG outside, rocking on his heels.

"Hey, Jen-" MG began with a grin, but got interrupted by said girl when she closed the door behind her, grabbing his wrist, aware of the tension growing in her hand as she dragged him away from the house. "Woah, where's the fire? And also, nice of you to initiate skin contact without breaking a bone"

Jenna chuckled in shock, "Oh, my God. You're right" she stopped walking, turning to face him. They both looked down at MG's wrist Jenna was holding. She was gripping it tightly but not enough to break his wrist. In fact, the more she held his wrist the more she began to relax. "That's..."

MG began to grin, "Awesome!" he held his hand for a high five, not really expecting for Jenna to return it. She never did because she feared unnecessary skin contact would make her lose control. Jenna eyed his hand, but felt no need to attack him. She was already holding his other hand and she hadn't had an urge to stab him or worse, kill him. Jenna raised her free hand and returned his high five. MG, again looked shocked. "You. This is insane and awesome, Jen! You are now a functional, disfunctional teenage huntress"

Jenna let go of both of his hands and bumped her hip with his, "And all thanks to you" They smiled brightly. "By the way, thanks for the save back there"

MG shrugged as they resumed their walking "Figured you needed it by the way your heartbeat increased. You haven't told them about Rayna, have you?"

Jenna shoved her hands to her pockets, wincing awkwardly, "I haven't found the right moment to confront my dad about her"

MG tilted his head. He knew about the huntress' identity inside Jenna's head because if he didn't, there was no way he could ever help Jenna if she didn't confide in him as to how or why she got venomous whispers inside her head. He had to know. "Sooner or later you'll have to talk to your dad about it. Controlling your abilities and pushing her deep inside your mind is one thing that one day may not be enough, you have to understand fully who Rayna is that she makes you struggle harder  to keep her back while in Damon's presence"

That was another thing Jenna had confided in MG. Rayna's hatred was a bit stronger whenever she was near Damon. With MG's help, she had been able to ignore it or push it aside. Jenna loved her dad the same way Rayna did the opposite. She hated him. Jenna learned to ignore Rayna, unless she needed her. She knew one day she'd need the older huntress, but not now.

"I know" Jenna sighed. "It was easy to get uncle Jer to tell me about mom. They're siblings but whenever I try to bring dad's past, Jer tells me to ask him if I want to know more than he can tell me"

"You should consider doing that or..." MG trailed off, hesitantly.

"Or what?" Jenna asked.

MG released a breath he was holding, "Or you can go to the School's memorial"

Jenna immediately shook her head, "No. Being with you is enough for my control. I can't risk the others' safety to satisfy my curiosity about dad and Rayna's past. Sure, uncle Stefan's diaries could help me understand but who's to say I won't lose control there? And it's not like you can sneak out some diaries out of there, right?"

MG grimaced, "Totally magic proofed if something goes missing, specially from the memorial"

That's what they all had been told but, if that was true, then how Landon Kirby had managed to steal that knife?

Jenna shrugged, "Whatever. Maybe one day, when I'm not afraid to kill a third of the school's population"

MG gave a slight smile, "I know you'll get full control"

"Your faith in me is strong, Greasely" Jenna said quietly.

"Someone has to have faith in you if you don't" MG pointed out.

Jenna smiled slightly.

Indeed, MG was both. Her hero and her friend. And she wouldn't change that for anything.

Disturbed |Legacies|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें