Chapter 16.5 (Side story)

Start from the beginning

There are no picture frames of her family. Just the faces of Ash and Trina. Not even her ex-boyfriend. Well, serves him right. “Your cousin has a good taste in books.” I smiled. Remembering our childhood days were she always stays in her room and read a book every time my aunt bought her. Then I saw one of her journal that is small and has a scaly violet cover. I was curious so I grab it from the shelf.

“Look who’s stalking other people stuff…”

“Shut up Ryan…”

“Mark! Come…maybe Ayla’s hiding something. I’m going to use it for revenge.” I nudge him from the side and proceed to open the journal.

Cold Night

Mom and dad are fighting again. And I saw mom hit my dad. She yelled some bad words to dad and wants him to leave the house. To leave me. What should I do??

I was shocked to read this. And it seems the way she writes is like a kid. “Does your cousin loves to write?” I glance over at Ryan before turning to the other page. “Maybe...the way she wrote this said so…”

Cloudy day

It’s been days since dad left and I never heard of him. And mom says that we would move again to another house…but I want to see my dad again. I miss him.

Every time I read and turn every notes that she’d taken…it’s getting more depress. What happened to her before? “Dude, I think we should stop this. Ayla might see us.” I shook my head to Mark. “Let me read a few pages. I must know what happened to her. I can’t let this opportunity to be a waste. I know she’s hiding something from me.”

Sunny day afternoon

I don’t like going to school to our new home. The kids would make fun of me. I don’t have any friends. I wish my dad is here.

Sunny day morning

I met this girl with cute short hair. She became my friend and we always play together.

Valentines Day

Our teacher gave us a task to make a paper heart. It’s my first time to make a paper heart but ended up being laughed at everyone. There’s nothing wrong with the heart…what’s so funny about it.

Before I turn the next page, Ryan already snatched the journal book from my hands and return it from the shelf. And I swear I saw something that made me want to read more. “Ryan, give it back.” Ryan refused and so was the others. “We must respect her privacy Ivo…even though she’s your cousin.”

“Yes, I am her cousin and I have the rights to invade her privacy. Especially when I read the word chocked and almost killed”.  Ryan was about to open his mouth to say something when the door from Ayla’s room burst open. Revealing Ayla herself. “How long are you boys going to talk in here? It’s time for breakfast now.” Ayla said impatiently with a hint of anger. We had no choice but to follow her. The more curious I get…the more I want to investigate her.  Mark went beside me and pat my back. “Let it go for now. There’s still time Ivo…but be more careful. This is Ayla we’re talking about.” I nodded. Looking at my cousin from the front, I can now tell that she’s hiding something from me.

Then someone ruffled my hair. It was Rey. “Stop with that long face. We’ll get that journal soon.” He said with a reassuring smile. “Soon…” I replied.

ASH and DARREN
[Ash’s P.O.V]

“Hmmm…nope…this skirt is not flashy enough. Oh maybe this will do…” I scan through my newly clothes that my big sister bought for me. After done changing, I looked myself in the mirror and pose. “Hmm not bad…” I was about to take a selfie when someone knocked on the door. I huffed in annoyance. I opened it and to my surprise, Darren is dangerously close to me. He immediately back away. “U-uhm…sorry!! I just want to say that breakfast is ready…so uhm…let’s go??”

Before replying, he waved and ran off. “What’s his problem??” Then another guy appeared in front of me which is why I almost drop my phone. “Ryan wtf!!!” He scanned me from head to toe. “What’s with that stupid look on your face ogre?”

Is he a pervert?!??

“You look like an old lady…” I lashed him out and start chasing him from the hallway. “come back here you dimwit!! Uh..w-whoah!!!” I was about to meet the ground when a pair of arms hugged my waist. I looked up and see Ryan…also dangerously close to me!! What’s up with people these days!!

“And you’re also a clumsy princess…” He suddenly dropped me and my butt hits the ground painfully. “Oww!!”

“Let’s go old lady…the breakfast awaits…”

I looked at his back as he proceeds to walk down the stairs. Now that I think about it, Ogre has a beautiful amber eyes.

“sigh…whatever…”

~💜~

Heeeyyy!!! Am back!!! So this chapter is a side story and there is also a bit of a spoiler alert for my next book.

I am so sorry for not updating...I had so many issues to deal with (issues about dealing my laziness) and I also had a few mental breakdowns these past few weeks so I'm still unstable but no worries...I am now back on track...still organizing my schedule though.

That is all for now lovies!! Take care!!

~Vampy💜