"Naw it really do. They gotta be putting some kind of drug in this shit." I agreed, taking a bite of my chicken strip. She laughed and I smiled.

"Can we get funnel cake before we leave?" She asked.

"Duhh, who goes to a carnival & doesn't get funnel cake?" I replied.

"A very sick person." She said.

"Wait but only if you let me pay." I said, "since you wouldn't let me buy your ticket for you."

Zaylani huffed.

"Ughhh..do I really have to agree to that?" She complained.

"I mean naw you don't have to, but if you want that funnel cake I suggest you do." I said.

"Fine." She gave in.

"Betttt."

Zaylani had jus taken her last bite of her chicken tender.

"Wanna play a few games?" I asked.

"Oh so you wanna get yo ass whooped." She said cockily as she stood up.

"Ion know about allat" I replied, getting up too.

I was watched her walk to the trash to throw our tray away. Damn she's fine.

I was admiring her but my brows furrowed when I saw her stop in her tracks.

I followed her gaze to some stud that was approaching her. I could sense there being some tension, but it wasn't sexual tension.

Then I had a thought.

"What if that's her ex?" 

I was livid just thinking about someone putting their hands on Zaylani but I calmed myself & walked up next to her.

She was still holding the trash so I gently took it out her hand.

"Who is that?" I asked her softly.

"T-that's my-"

"Hey baby." The stud said.

Baby??? ...Now if I find out..

"Don't call me that shit Taniah." Zaylani replied angrily.

Taniah..Taniah?? So it is her ex. The dyke that hit her. I immediately mugged the stud.

She was hella tatted & had blonde dreads & a medusa piercing. She was wearing an orange cap, some mid length shorts & a wife beater. Ironic.

 Ironic