Prologue

It was just a normal day for me. I had just finished my lunch and decided to do a little swiping on the dating app that was downloaded on my phone. I was swiping through guy after guy until I stopped on Bucky. There was something different about him, I would say he was one of a kind. His eyes were absolutely captivating, they reminded me of the sky on a bright sunny day. He had a few photos on his profile some with short hair and others with longer hair. He had this adorable smirk in a few of his photos which made my heart melt. But don't tell him that, I wouldn't want to widen his ego. 

I moved onto his profile, where it mentioned he was in the army, but oddly didn't include when he was enlisted, and even more, odd, his age was hidden. But I didn't find it too alarming, keep in mind I've come across more concerning profiles on this dating app. His bio included the words "I'll know it's real when we've carved each other names in a tree." When I came across that, I had a slight smile appear on my face.

I decided I wanted to swipe right on him and I did. Luckily, he swiped right back too. Our messages consisted of a few flirtatious banter back and forth and then he finally sent a message asking me out for a drink. That's where I happened to learn he was not in his 30s but was instead 106 years old. Now I don't want to give too much away, but you can already tell Bucky has made me fall head over heels for him, but I'm here to tell the story of how this came about.