Chapter 6: Mod Video

Start from the beginning

"I FOUND MY FIRST CLUE!" Tommy screamed excitedly. "Oh sh!t, what's this timer for?"

Philza laughed. "I've got a bunch of wood for you, now I'm going for stone," he said and then explained the timer system to Tommy. "Better get a move on, mate!"

Philza has made the advancement: [Stone Age] the notification banner popped up as you rushed to reach y-coordinate 11.

You made it with time to spare and saw a meadow filled with flowers straight ahead of you, and as you looked to your right, there was the next chest. You still had 3 minutes left on the timer, so you didn't open it immediately. Instead, you stopped to collect some wood from nearby trees. When the timer was down to a minute and thirty seconds, you went over and opened the next chest, examining the book inside:

"Clue #4: Y/n
'a'
You have 8 minutes to find your next clue,
somewhere in a village near spawn"

A new timer popped up on your screen, and you started to run back to the spawn point.

"Phil, why are all the clues out of order? Did I miss one?" you asked him, a little bit confused.

"No, you're good," he replied. "Each of your clues has a bold word on it. At The End, you and Tommy will have to put your clues together and then it will make a message that makes sense. So you have the even numbered clues, and Tommy has the odd ones," Phil explained to you.

"Hey, did you just call me me odd?" Tommy sounded offended.

"Yes," Phil said, with absolutely no hesitation.

"F^ck you man!" Tommy said angrily, as Phil laughed uncontrollably. You couldn't stop yourself from laughing too. That was definitely going to be a key moment in the video.

"WHERE THE F^CK IS THE CHEST?" Tommy screamed through his microphone. "I ONLY HAVE 30 SECONDS LEFT- oh, there it is!"

"Tommy, you almost just lost the game for us!" you reminded him loudly. "Be more careful please!"

You continued to collect clues. In total, you only had 4 to find, but it took a while since they got harder and harder. The last one was literally in the Nether, which was a stressful experience to say the least. But somehow you did it! Once you finished you were left with a jumbled mess of words that made no sense together, but that was because you didn't have Tommy's clues with the other half of the message yet.

"Tommy, I'll meet you in the village near spawn once you find your last clue," you said, glancing over at his face on your screen.

"Ok y/n," he said, looking and sounding like he was concentrating hard. His eyebrows were furrowed and his lips were pressed together in a straight line. Instead of cracking jokes every 10 seconds, he was working silently, which was a rare occurrence.

"I've got enough ender pearls and blaze rods!" Phil commented. "Who's ready to go to The End?"

After another moment, Tommy let out an incoherent scream and you knew that meant he had found his last clue. There was no longer a timer counting down for either of you, but there would be another one once the final message was assembled. Tommy joined you and Phil at the village. Phil threw an ender pearl and everyone followed it until you found the stronghold.

"Want to do the honors?" Phil asked you, as he threw you the eyes of ender to place in the broken portal. You put all the eyes in place and the portal opened with a whooshing sound.

"Ok, we can do this," Tommy said, hyping you up. "Y/n and Tommy, the best duo ever!"

"Y/n and Tommy, the best team together!" you replied, smiling as you completed the rhyme you always said to each other. "Are you ready?"

"Hell yeah I am," Tommy responded confidently. He smiled into his camera and you felt your face heat up.

Your characters both jumped into the end portal at the same time.

"You're on your own from here, mates," Phil said, staying in the Discord call but not following you into the portal. "You have to put your secret message together in the empty book, and then the final timer will start for you to kill the Ender dragon."

In the area of The End where you spawned was the last chest, this time holding a book with no writing. No mobs were able to reach you in the spawn area, so you could focus on writing out the secret message. You were curious as to what the message was going to be, especially since the words on your clues made no sense together.

"Ok, c'mon, we can't kill the Ender dragon until the final message is put together, and we type it into this book," Tommy urged you. "I'll type it."

"I have the second clue, you have the first one, so you have to start," you reminded him.

"You..." he read, and you heard him type it in the book.

"Both..." you said.

"Have..." he continued.

"A..." you read your next clue.

"Crush..."

"On..."

"Each..."

"Other..." you finished the message but it didn't quite click.

"You both have a crush on each other?" Tommy put it all together, but the way he said it sounded like a question. "Wait, what-"

You heard Phil let out a small giggle and then the noise alerting you that he had disconnected from the vc. A new timer popped up in the corner of your screen, the numbers beginning to count down from 10 minutes.