Chapter 2

Zero heard Eggmans voice and he thought he had been caught sneaking away from Eggman so he hid. Then he remembered that he can make a fake that he can see and hear what the fake sees and hears and can make it talk. He pulled out the phantom ruby and used it to see what Eggman wanted. He was just trying to get him to not seem depressed because that's what it looked like to Eggman. He left after a little while and Zero hid the phantom ruby again. He didn't know that someone was watching him. The same 2 mobians that saw him with the phantom ruby earlier. He heard someone yell chaos spear and then a chaos spear flew over his head. Then a bat pinned him down.

Rouge: Where's Infinite?

Zero: What?

Rouge: Don't play dumb. Where's Infinite?

Zero:(sort of lying hoping that Rouge will get off of him if he doesn't know anything) I was told he's dead.

Rouge: Sticks is crazy. She thinks that the government randomly changes the spelling of words and replaces our dictionaries well we sleep.

Zero: I didn't say anything about someone named Sticks.

Rouge:(not wanting him to know that her and Shadow were spying on him) I know who you're talking about. No one else is that crazy.

Zero: Don't be so sure about that. Also, can you get off of me?

Rouge: No, where's Infinite?

Shadow: Rouge, he is Infinite.

Rouge: He's a hedgehog, not a jackal.

Shadow: It's an illusion.

Rouge: He said that he thought that Infinite's dead.

Shadow: We both know he was lying.

Zero: Can I get up now?

Rouge: No.

Shadow: Rouge, let him get up.

Rouge: What? You said he's Infinite.

Shadow:(Rouge knows what he's doing now) I guess he's just a hedgehog.

Rouge: Okay.

Rouge gets off Zero and when he gets up, Shadow Pinned him to a tree and the phantom ruby fell out of his pocket and Rouge picked it up.

Rouge:(talking to Zero) Not Infinite huh?

Zero: I never said I wasn't Infinite.

Rouge: You lied and said you thought that Infinite's dead.

Zero: I never said I thought that. I said someone told me that.

Rouge: Why do you have this if you're not Infinite?

Zero: I didn't say that I'm not him and would you really be dumb enough to think that a hedgehog that looks nothing like Infinite would be him?

Rouge:(quietly to Shadow) He's got a point.

Shadow: Shut up.

Zero: Can I go now?

Shadow: No.

Zero: *sigh* (thinking) Here goes nothing.

He slipped out of his sweater and knocked Shadow over when he wasn't paying attention. Then he took the phantom ruby (Rouge dropped it) and his sweater and left. After he was a few miles away from Shadow and Rouge, Sonic almost crashed into him again.

Sonic: Hi Zero.

Zero:(while putting his sweater back on with the phantom ruby in his pocket) Hi Sonic.

Sonic: What are you doing?

Zero: A few guys attacked me.

Sonic: Who?

Zero: Shadow and a bat. I don't remember what her name is.

Sonic: Was there a robot?

Zero: No, I didn't see one.

Sonic: What did the bat look like?

Zero: She had white fur and purple wings.

Sonic: That's Shadow and Rouge. Why'd they attack you?

Zero:(sort of lying) Something about Infinite.

Sonic: Okay, don't worry about them unless you have something to do with Infinite. (laughing a bit at his own joke) I'm kidding.

Zero: That's not funny.

Sonic: Whatever you say buzzkill.