A Ride Down The Tragedy Fortress

In a land where peace and tranquility reigns, born a baby girl who brought joy to everyone.

Meadow Lily Merriwether.

Chartreuse green tinted her eyes like the grass in the meadow, her lips are the palest of pink and her hair is pure raven black. She was named after an uncultivated flower her mom used to water when she was a kid.

Her voice is mesmerizing. She was considered as the heiress of her mom's voice. Very delicate and very versatile. The moment that she would let go of a note, everyone is blown off their feet.

Coming from a simple family in the English countryside, Meadow was adventuristic. The woods and the lakes are her home and she had birds and butterflies as her friends. With a mom so loving, she grew up radiated with all the love she wanted.

But fate had other plans.

................

It was the middle of June when one suspicious breathing woke her up and her mom, Amanda. As Amanda was wrapping her hands around her child, enjoying the warm breeze of June, she heard a heavy breathing from the outside of their window.

The suspiciousness dragged Amanda to go and see what it was.

Men with guns. Sooner she realized that they were the ones who lend them money. Co-workers of her husband in a local plantation. It was 8 years back then when they had nothing but a cattle.

Hunger invaded they're body, thirst infested their throat and they couldn't bare another hour of starving. Now there came Lucious Morpheas, the man who lended them wealth and for 8 years the favor hasn't been rendered.

Terror struck her due to the fact that they carried guns. The firing sent a tingle down her spine and made her legs wobble.

" Amanda Merriwether! Get out there!" Lucious screamed. A scar studded his wrinkly face and his frosty blond and gelled hair covered a part of his face. Scars are dangerous and so is he.

Meadow boggled in fright and her heart pounded off her chest.

" Meadow, I want you to hide in the closet and keep your mouth shut. Never say a word and never, never help me when I get in trouble" Amanda warned her.

A speck of tear when rolling down Meadow's cheeks, still gripping on her teddy bear.

Amanda gave her a kiss on her forehead and locked her in the closet.

" Lord, take care of her" she mumbled to her self.

The bullet was sent free from the rifle shot. Amanda's face was flooded with tears. Lucious kicked the door so hard causing it to break down. He was knocking all the things off and another bullet was set loose.

He finally seen Amanda in their room.

" Now where's my money?!" he exclaimed.

" Another month, I'll pay it full." Amanda begged him. She was grasping her PJs and gave a warning look at the closet where she hid Meadow.

" Merriwhether, 8 years I've been looking for you and now you want me to wait another month? How gracefull.... Give me my money or you're off to the coffin!"

Meadow was shaking in the closet and she covered her mouth to avoid shrieking.

" Morpheas, please, we're still in need of it." she explained.

" Enough!" he set the rifle he targeted Amanda and said his last word. " See you in hell!"

That's when all hell broke lose.

He fired the rifle shooting her right in her chest. She broke down, her body drenched in crimson blood, her eyes slowly shutting down. Sooner she was lying in their dusty old carpet which was also soaked in her blood. The stars in the sky diminished as the moon tardily went smaller. It was an illusion of great, great sorrow.

Meadow felt the same thing was hapening to her. Peeking in the small holes in the closet was terrifying, witnessing her mother's death.

The night she lost her mother left one thing in her mind: Revenge.

..........

When Lucious and his army left the house imbrued with sorrow and blood, Meadow freed herself from the closet and went running to Amanda. She dropped her teddy right next to her and started touching the scattered blood.

" I'll avenge you mum" She started weeping.

Her body was shaking, electrified by anger and the crave of vengeance. Meadow slowly closed her eyes and exhailed while she held her mother's hand.

Her orbs were terminated by carmine red as she stood up and got a small, empty inkpot. She bottled the dripping blood from Amanda's mouth, attached some mini complex chains and wore it on her neck.

Meadow noticed the foggy dawn and realized that there was no time to sleep. She rushed to the kitchen and picked up a scissors. It was the time when an idea of transforming herself into a boy entered her mind.

As she sat in front of the mirror, she cut her hair into pieces. Her long jet-black hair has transmuted into a short hair, proportion to her neckline.

She stared into the mirror for a moment and mumbled to herself: " Williamson Cartridge"

Reporting the tradegy to the authorities was not a good idea. If the news will come to Lucious then he'll be away searching for her.

So many things around her mind, so many things seen by her eyes but it was time to move.

She pulled out their stormy grey blanket and wrapped her mom around it. The blood dispersed all throughout the blanket making it hard to carry.

She went shrugging down their backyard and picked up the shovel in the leftmost corner and dug a hole in the middle of the place. It took hours to estimate the size but after she thought Amanda could fit in it, she dragged her from their room and pushed her body inside the dug hole. Her body was shaking causing her to move faster. The shovel picked up a huge amount of soil, controlled by her hand, and covered Amanda's body.

Finally, Meadow knelt beside her and said goodbybe, keeping her promise to her mom.

.........