chapter 3 - friends

Start from the beginning

beomgyu didn't know. he couldn't figure it out, but he was genuinely worried about him though.

the school bell rings indicates that class was over and school has come to an end. beomgyu sighs as he collects his belongings and went outside of class with a frown.

"hey beomgyu! what's with the sad face?" he lifts his head up and smile at the familiar figure

"hey yeji! nah I'm just tired..." the latter nods as they walk side by side.

"did yeonjun hyung sent you to fetch me?" he says as he look at the shorter figure beside him

"hmm? nope. i came here by myself. yeonjun is my friend too, you know? and any of yeonjun's friend is my friend too!" she pats his shoulder as they both smile at each other.

"thanks yeji, i know you'll be a great friend to me, just like yeonjun hyung."

"or maybe better." she said in a joking matter.

they both waited for yeonjun at the school's gate. their surroundings gotten even more quieter as minutes passes and students one by one leaving the building. they've been told that yeonjun got detention for sleeping in class so they had to wait him for a litte longer.
yeji was getting impatient. she would perpetually taps her foot as she checks her watch every second.
beomgyu on the other hand, never leaves his eyes on every student that passes them by. not even a blink.
he was waiting for someone.

definitely not huening kai btw.

"yeji, i didn't see huening kai after lunch today. where do you think he went?" he gulps as he waited for her answer nervously. he didn't want his question to seem too obvious that he cares about him.

the other just shrugs and with an annoying tone she spoke," uh that prick? no one knows where he goes after lunch. he probably skipped class like he always does." she shakes her head "and after all of that, he is still not suspended AND have good grades! tch, the universe is being an asshole."

beomgyu swallows the heavy lump on his throat as he ask "do you... hate huening kai, perhaps?" he smiles nervously

"i don't hate him. he just annoys me... anyways, yeonjun is taking too long i think I'm gonna have to leave fir-"

"HEY BESTIES!" yeonjun ran to them as he heavily pants, trying to catch his breathe.

"I'm sorry for making you guys wait..." he pouts still trying to catch his breathe.

"it's okay hyung! i would still wait for you even when night comes!" yeonjun lets out a tear upon hearing the heart-warming words from his bestfriend. he hugs him ever so tightly.

"i love you so much beomgyu! i promise to never leave you!" he says, continously giving kisses on both side of his cheeks.

"if you two lovebirds are done smooching, then let's get going." yeji rolled her eyes.

"hey! he's just my best buddy you weirdo!" yeonjun started chasing her as she runs away from him. beomgyu laughs as the two bickers.

the trio had a chaotic way home. beomgyu even forgots what made him upset earlier until he came home.

he lays on his bed with a now freshly new clothes as he clasped his hands over his stomach, filling his mind with thoughts again.

he thought over about what yeji said to him when they first met. 'maybe i should stay away from him' he sighs as he thought.
because to be very honest, huening kai was driving him insane. he doesn't even know if it was in a good or bad way. or if he is obsessed with him at this point.