"How did she do that?"

"She slipped on some ice in her driveway."

"Oh, shit..." Jersey cursed with the yikes expression. "I guess you're going to Jersey soon?"

 "I guess you're going to Jersey soon?"

"Only if you're going with me."

Jersey looked at him and narrowed her eyes.

"You know your grandmother does not like me. She doesn't want us together either."

"It's not about what she doesn't like or wants." Malcolm voiced out. "We've been together for a while now, and you're pregnant with her grandchild. She just needs to get over it because shit is getting serious over here."

Too serious.

"You're right." Jersey concurred with a nod. "Let me think about it."

Silence fell upon the couple as Jersey placed her attention on the papers.

"What you reading?" Malcolm questioned her in a whispered voice.

"I'm just...going over my basic information. Plus, I need to sign this authorization slip, which permits them to do the test."

"You nervous about it?"

Jersey peered over at Malcolm and nodded her head.

"Don't be."

"It's hard not to be nervous." She replied. "I'm about to meet Abshir soon and...I don't know how to feel about it." Jersey shook her head and said, "My mind wasn't one hundred percent made up to do this."

"I was going to say a closure is what you need, but it's not. If this dude is your pops, then you need to see if there's an opportunity to build a relationship with him."

"But he knew about me and never reached out." Jersey scoffed and said, "Why would he wait until I'm twenty-three?"

"A lot of parents do that, and I'll never understand it. My dad barely came around."

"To create babies and not acknowledge them is inhumane," Jersey commented. "I think it is very inconsiderate."

"It is." Malcolm agreed as he placed his large hand on her swollen belly. He rubbed it and said, "I know one thing...I'm going to do what's right for this kid. I won't make the same mistake Mack made. Fuck that."

"Cool..." Jersey trailed off with a subtle expression. She looked at Malcolm with dreamy eyes and said, "Give me a kiss."

He raised his eyebrows and said, "A kiss for what?"

"I shouldn't have to explain why I want a kiss." Jersey retorted as her eyes went from Malcolm's honeyed pupils to his kissable lips. "Now give me one."

"All right."

Malcolm leaned over and pressed his lips against Jersey's. As soon as she felt his soft lips against hers, her eyes closed in passion. She couldn't help but run her hand across his hairy face, rubbing her manicured fingers through his wavy beard. The kiss did deepen, and the couple did get a little tongue action in before Jersey pulled away.