"Okay." Helen started as she placed her attention on Jersey. "We have a room waiting for you. I can take you to it now."

Jersey glanced over her shoulders as her lips parted. She wanted to wait on her man. Jarod would stay behind. He looked at her and nodded his head as a way of saying go.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure your boyfriend gets access to the room when he comes back inside." Helen pointed out. She noticed how reliant the young girl was on her boyfriend.

Reluctantly, Jersey nodded her head and eased out of the chair. Helen gave her a small smile as they walked side by side, making their way to the back.

"I see that you're pregnant. Abshir didn't mention it." She stated while peeking over at Jersey's full belly.

"He doesn't know about the baby...." Jersey trailed off in a low voice.

"Well, he'll definitely be surprised about it," Helen commented as she pulled out an ID. Jersey watched as the woman unlocked the door with just a quick scan. She pushed it open and revealed a polished room that looked sanitized.

The room smelled of antiseptic products that filtered the air. A cool breeze tangoed around Jersey as she folded her arms. She wasn't too bothered by it since she was wearing a denim jacket.

"Take a seat. Abshir should be here in a few minutes." Helen stated as she walked toward the counter.

Jersey narrowed her eyes as she continued to stand there. With her arms folded, she looked over at Helen, who was busy collecting papers.

"Why isn't he here?"

"Uh...." Helen trailed off as she placed her attention on Jersey. "He's late getting out of a business meeting. In the meantime, I do have some paperwork for you to fill out. It's basic information and an authorization paper that permits us to do the testing."

Jersey didn't speak at all. Instead, she just took a seat in one of the chairs. Helen wasted no time giving her the stapled papers and an ink pen. Her eyes scanned the document before she decided to pierce it with ink. Jersey was on her way to becoming a badass lawyer and wanted to start reading everything before signing.

She'd learned her lesson.

"Oh, you made it back here without my assistance," Helen spoke up, causing Jersey to raise her head. She looked up and realized it was Malcolm. Her heart seemed to flutter at the sight of him. She could gaze at him all day and take in his stunning appearance.

"Yeah..." Malcolm trailed off, concentrating on Jersey. He didn't want to spark up a conversation with the Helen woman. He took a seat beside Jersey and instantly put his honey pupils on the papers she was holding.

"I'll be back to collect the papers," Helen announced. "If you two need anything, please let me know. We have a water dispenser right over there as well."

"Okay, thank you," Jersey responded coolly.

"No problem, sweetie." Helen shot her a smile and walked out of the room in her clicking heels.

"Are you alright?"

"I don't know..." Malcolm trailed off.

"What's wrong?" Jersey asked in concern. "What happened?"

Malcolm touched the back of his neck and said, "Bernie twisted her ankle."

Jersey's eyes bugged as she stared at her boyfriend. Hearing that Bernie twisted her ankle was terrible. She didn't care for the woman, but she felt the need to show a little compassion for her. A little.