𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄— 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒷𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝒽𝑜𝓂𝑒 —

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒷𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝒽𝑜𝓂𝑒

𝐎𝐀𝐊𝐋𝐄𝐘 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐒 has feared this moment for what feels like a lifetime. And now that it has arrived, although a part of her heart is still reluctant, she has come to accept that the following events are necessary for the well-being for her twin — or the ghost of him, at least. After her heartfelt conversation with Quil that revealed their true feelings for one another, the couple bundled up within his truck and retrieved flowers from the nearest florist shop. Wildflowers we're Graham's favorite; in any event that the family passed a field full of them while on a road trip, young Graham would request that their father pull over. The eldest Torine twin would hop from the vehicle all too quickly and pick a batch of the prettiest flowers he could find and bring them back to Oakley.

Now it is her responsibility to get the flowers.

They walked from his home to the dock, so that Oakley had the opportunity to grasp her thoughts before they reached the beach so quickly. She had not taken the time to think of what to say — all she wanted to hear before this moment were things that would make it harder when they say goodbye. But now that the moment is approaching, she is faced with the difficult task of finding all of the right words to speak aloud, remember all the things she has wanted to say, recall all the things she remembers about her older brother. All of the memories, the sentiments, wrapped up into a short goodbye . . . one that has come far too soon.

Now that Oakley thinks about it, she never properly got the chance to let go of her mother either. Lost within the damage that the accident caused, her feelings still scratch away at her heart — all of the advice she wanted from her mother, the love that vanished, she wanted it back.

Perhaps she is letting go of two instead of one.

"Are you sure that you want to do this today?" Quil asks as the trudge through the forest, a breeze cold against their flushed cheeks. "You've been through a lot Oakley, you don't have to rush into anything if you are not ready yet."

"This feels right," she admits, her eyes set forward, focused on the dock only yards away. "As much as I don't want to admit it, now is the right time."

Something is missing, her heart whispers to her.

The rain has stopped, long gone after the lovers reconciled and made their relationship a reality. Perhaps nature agreed with Oakley, and would allow her these final moments to grieve in peace. Many times, it had interrupted her tears, but not today — not the last day.