13.Family time and "Lando's girlfriend".

Start from the beginning

'Mum calm down, I'm eating a lot and training normally, don't worry'. She nodded and pressed the last kiss on my cheek before going back to her cooking.'So, what's on the menu for today?'.

'I'm cooking a chicken casserole and some vegetables because I know that Jon will kill me if he knows that I have given you something that's out of your diet'. She was right though. He wouldn't kill her, he would kill me.'But I may have planned on cooking something more unhealthy for tonight'. I widely smiled.

'Remember that you invited the boys. Charles can't come tonight, he's visiting his family'. I informed her and she nodded.'Also, where's dad? please tell me he isn't working'. 

'You are lucky, Lan. He's in the backyard getting some wood for the fireplace'. I kissed her head and then made my way outside. I laughed hard at the scene that was reproducing right in front of me. The Adam Norris, the well-known businessman, was being chased by our white golden retriever, Uno, and he was holding the wood unstably.

'It seems that you need some help'. I said loud so he could hear me.

'Yeah. I'm old, he's young, we know how the story is going to end. Me on the grass and he playing with the wood sticks'. He responded and I went and distracted Uno. He immediately came to me and started jumping on me. I watched as Flo got out of the house and started filming me. She uncontrollably laughed at me and dad joined her once he finished collecting all the wood sticks from the floor again.'Uno, look'. My dad showed Uno a stick and the dog was hypnotized by its movement.'Go get it!'. He threw it far away and we quickly entered the house.

'Why are you all so dirty?. Go and change I don't want my floor dirty'. Mum told us off and we went and change. My white shirt was now filled with Uno's dirty footprints, and my once black jeans were grey. I changed into some clothes that I still have here in my old room.

'Lunch is ready. Mum asked me to tell you'. Cisca said as she opened the door. I nodded and we made our way downstairs since I was already changed. We sat at the large table and they all started asking me questions.

'Do you have a girlfriend yet?'.

'Nop and I don't plan to'.

'Are you excited for Silverstone?'.

'Obviously'.

'Why don't you want a girlfriend?'.

I shrugged my shoulders. 'Don't know'.

'Wait, there's someone?'.

'Oliver stop interrogating your brother and let him eat in peace. The food is going to get cold'. My mum warned him and he started eating so the table was filled with silence. But it was suddenly broke.'But there's someone?'.

'Mum! I thought we will forget about the conversation and once again no there's no one currently in my life'. I complained.

'Ok ok, now to change the subject. They say this is your best season so far, do you feel confident in the car?'. My dad asked me this time and I was relieved that they stopped talking about my love life.

'The car is great. It stills needs some improvement but we are getting amazing results with it, I didn't think at the start of the season that I will be on the podium once again but I trust the team'.

'That is good news. We know how you struggled in 2019 and we are very proud of what you've achieved'. My cheeks turned red at my dad's comment.

'Okay, can we change the subject again? You know I'm bad at taking compliments. Girls, how's school going?'. They all laughed at my attempts to desperately changed the conversation before my cheeks became tomatoes.