Chapter Five

Chapter Five

On the way to the hospital we filled Jenny in on what happened to her. She seemed to be able process all the information better than I would have if I were in the same situation.

"So there is a necromancer running around town? Will you be able to recognise him if you saw him?" Jenna was asking a million questions and I was extremeley thankful as it kept my mind off my arm.

"I am not sure. I am starting to realise that people can easily hide their true selves from me. I am sure he will come out sooner or later, though. He seems to want me dead and that normally involves an appearance at some point."

"Unless he gets someone else to do it like today," She had a point, "But anyway, so are you guys like some cool ghost hunters or something?"

I threw a nervous look to Acario and he shook his head. We couldn't tell her who we were, of course not. "Not quite. Unfortunately, we can't tell you exactly what it is we are into but don't worry, we are the good guys."

"Oh, that sucks. Are you sure you can't just tell me a little?" She asked, sliding closer and asking me in a hushed voice.

Acario obviously thought I would crack because he cleared his throat loudly and announced, "We are here. Let's get you fixed up." I was kind of glad for the distraction because I really did want to tell Jenny everything. Of course, that would be stupid so I got out of the car. Acario led me to the Emergency Room while Jenny followed. She kept on spouting out random stuff as Acario helped me fill out the forms and as my arm was fitted into a cast by a cute Doctor Roberts. I was starving by the time everything had finally finished.

"I am starving! Let's grab a pizza on the way back to your guys place." Jenny grinned as she hopped into the drivers seat and Acario and I slid into the back. Now that my arm wasn't all broken anymore, Acario felt it was safe to let Jenny drive her own car.

"I think I need to get Liana home, Jenny."

Jenny smiled sympathetically, "You are right. I'm sorry,"

I shook my head, "No need to apologise, but will you be ok? I mean you were just possessed by an evil spirit. Perhaps you want to stay at our place tonight." Acario gave me a look, telling me exactly what he thought of that idea but the poor girl had been through a traumatic experience. I wanted to ensure she was alright.

"Don't worry about me! I am strong as a rock," She grinned, "I do have one question, though."

"Anything."

"Where do you live?" I smiled, we hadn't told her where we lived.

"Just over there," Acario pointed to a building about five minutes away from our place. I gave him a questiongly look but decided to keep my mouth shut. Acario had a reason for everything he did.

"Ok cool. Well here ends the taxi service," Jenny pulled up in front of the building and then turned with her smartphone in her hand, "Hey, can I have your number? I mean, if you don't mind."

I smiled and pulled out my phone, "No problem." After swapping details, Acario and I left the car and waited until Jenny was out of sight before heading towards our real apartment.

"So why are we telling Jenny a fake address?" I put my good hand into his, loving the way his fingers wrapped around mine in a strong grip.

"We just met the girl and she was possessed by an evil spirit. We don't know anything about her, and she might have even invited him in. You,  Liana, are too trusting. Sometimes you need to create a guard."

"Says the guy who was walking around with a psycho vampire for a rather longer time," I quipped back, instantly regretting it. Acario still felt extremely guilty for what happened and I think a part of him missed Darius. Darius was Acario's mentor, after all. "I'm sorry. That was cruel," I kissed his cheek, "Forgive me?"

Acario smiled, "Of course. Now let's get you back to the apartment."

A/N: I know, I know! It has been forever!! I moved to Japan and only recently got a laptop (had been using my smartphone before then). Please don't hate me! Hope you are all still reading. Love you guys very very very very much!!!!!