97

On one sunny day, I sat on the swing of the garden and checked the documents Seria sent me.

It was a collection of rumors and information I had asked.

It said that soon, there would be a huge horse racing track in the capital city.

'Did horse racing become popular?'

Horse racing became another form of gambling, it began with the commoners and spread to the nobles. Since the establishment of a race track in the capital city, even the capital city's nobles have participated to bet money, which later becomes a headache for the Imperial family.

My eyes sparkled.

'I'll be able to make some money through this!'

I know which horse will win after all.

When I lived as a beggar, I remember the results because I had worked with my gang to save some spots at the racetrack.

'If I order Seria to bet...'

I covered my mouth with my hands and grinned.

In my head, I could hear the jinggling of gold coins.

I even imagined climbing on a pile of gold coins and counting the money with an ecstatic expression.

'This isn't what's important now.'

Godmother will introduce me to a social gathering.

There will be a small tea party with about ten noble children attending.

'Mrs. George's son...failed to graduate in the academy? Ah then he would be in a great mood to attend the party.'

Let's skip him.

'Lady Mollywood, ah! She had an affair with Lady Jedes' fiancee? The two of them should never be invited together.'

Let's skip them too.

Most of the nobles were worried about their first introduction into the society. It was a first important step so there shouldn't be any problem.

'But I'm different.'

I have my godmother behind me, so I just need to fill out the list, she will check it out and invite them instead.

Besides, who would refuse if Camilla invited them?

In the first place, it was godmother who told me to make the list.

'Fortunately she's my godmother!'

Thinking so, I made a list, hid the documents, and left the garden.

I was about to go up the stairs then,

"Aahhh!"

I looked carefully at the screaming officer, he had a silver cuff on his sleeve.

'I think he's in the intelligence department under Dubos.'

I shrugged and went into my dad's office.

There were already some officers and my brothers in the office.

"A teleportation magic device?"

The pale officer answered Isaac.

"That's right."

"You already knew that they had finished developing it. But didn't you say that there's still time left until it's out on the market?"

"They're preparing for the distribution. After consulting with the church, the Duke of Vallua decided to launch it now."