This made (M/N) feel a little bit better. Even though Katsuki didn't attack the Gamemakers, he still felt provoked.

"And you?" Shota said

"I shot an arrow at the gamemakers," (M/N) mumbled, but it was still loud enough for everyone to hear.

"You what?!" Emi screeched, confirming (M/N)'s worst suspicions.

"I shot an arrow at them. Well, not exactly at them. Just in their direction, it's like Katsuki said, I was shooting and they were ignoring me and I just... I just got mad, so I shot an apple out of their stupid roast pig's mouth."

"And what did they say?" Keigo asked carefully.

"Nothing. Or if they did say anything I don't know, I walked out after that," (M/N) said.

"Without being dismissed?" Emi gasped.

"I dismissed myself."

"Well, nothing you can do about it now," Shota said as he buttered a roll.

"Do you think they'll arrest me?" (M/N) asked, his promise to Eri about how he would try to win was all he was holding onto right now.

"Doubt it. Would be too much of a pain to try and replace you at this point."

"Well what about my family? Will they punish them?"

"Don't think so, it wouldn't make much sense. They'd have to reveal what happened in the training centre for it to have any effect on the population. People would need to know what you did, but since it's a secret, it would be a waste of effort," Shota explained, effectively calming (M/N)'s worries. "It's more likely that they'll just make your life hell in the arena."

(M/N) already assumed that would happen, he just hoped they wouldn't torture him too much, he'd wish for a quick death but that definitely won't happen.

"Well they've already promised to do that to us anyway," Katsuki says. It was only now that (M/N) realised just how much he was trying to defend him, why though? They barely know each other.

"I'll still get a bad score," (M/N) says.

"Scores only matter if they're really good, no one pays much attention to the bad or mediocre ones. For all they know, you could be hiding your talents to get a bad score on purpose, it's not an uncommon strategy," Rumi says.

Katsuki snorts, "Well I hope that's how people interpret the four I'll probably get. Really, is anything less impressive than watching someone pick up a heavy ball and throw it a couple of meters? One almost landed on my foot."

(M/N) couldn't help but smile at the red eyed boy. He was trying so hard to downplay (M/N)'s failure and make him feel better at the same time. It made him think of just how good of a person Katsuki must be, or was this still a part of his whole act to make (M/N) let his guard down? He didn't know, but he seemed very intent on cheering (M/N) up.

After dinner, everyone moved to the sitting room to watch the scores get announced on television. First they show a photo of the tribute, then flash their score below it. The career tributes naturally got in the eight-to-ten range. Most of the other tributes averaged at around five. Bella came up with a six. Surprisingly, Wendy got a seven. (M/N) didn't know what she showed the judges, but since she's so tiny it must've been impressive.

District 12 comes up last as usual. Katsuki pulls an eight, so at least a few gamemakers must have been paying attention to him. (M/N) dug his fingernails into his palms as his face appeared, he was expecting the worst. Then the number eleven showed up on the screen.

An eleven?! 

Emi let out a squeal and everyone was patting him on the back. Cheering and congratulating him. It didn't seem real.