The Literature Club: 1

(Art by Aokanio from DeviantArt)

~Day 1~

  I woke up this fateful morning on the floor of my bedroom with my erratic sister talking at a rapid speed.

  "HEY [Y/N] I KNOW IT'S LIKE SUPER HELLA EARLIER IN THE MORNING BUT I JUST HAD THE BEST BEST BEST IDEA EVER!!!" Sayori said while squealing with delight.

  "Sayori," I groaned while getting back onto my bed, "It's literally three in the morning. WHAT could you possibly want?"

  "You know how you have been looking for a club to stay in recently?"

  "Yes, I am fully aware of that."

  "Well.. it would save you so much time if you decided to join.."

  I look at her confusingly through the darkness, "Join?"

  Sayori hushes at me, "SHHH, I'm trying to get that dramatic pause in."

  I rolled my eyes at that.

  "MY CLUB!! The Literature club!!" She finally said, grinning widely.

"Sayori. If I join will you let me go back to sleep?" I sighed, "oh, and also no barging into my room at three and pushing me out of bed onto the floor!"

Sayori gasps, "YES!!" she soon rushes out of the room.

~~~

The bell rings as school finally lets out, I head out the door of the classroom until I'm forcibly yanked and dragged somewhere else.

"HEY WHAT- SAYORI!" I yelp at the sudden moment.

"You promised to join the club silly! I'm just showing you the way," she exclaimed, stopping at the door of another room.

"Here!" She opens the door and yanks me inside, "HELLOOOOO! I HAVE BROUGHT A NEW MEMBERR!!"

Everyone in the room turns to face Sayori, I start to grow nervous.

  The room was full of four people, all of which held different expressions.

  One of them had long coral brown hair but up in a ponytail, held up with a white bow. she smiled and was the first to speak up, "Hi! I'm Monika, welcome to the literature club."

"Oh uh, thank you," my hands start fidgeting around as I avoid eye contact from anyone, I think the staring is starting to get to me.

Another on of the members of the club had long dark purple hair, she was sitting in one of the many desks and my presence must've interrupted her reading. She smiles and silently waves at me. I awkwardly wave back.

And finally the last girl had short pastel pink hair in pigtails, she rolled her eyes towards my direction. "So this is the new member that you forced me to make cupcakes for?"

  My eyes widen, "cupcakes?"

  Sayori quietly giggles a bit, "Yeah, I asked Natsuki to make cupcakes for you! You know, as a way to convince you to stay. I know you can't say no when sweets are involved."

  "Speaking of that, I didn't really get any of their names..?" Sayori gasps and shakes her head.

  "How could I forget! The brown haired one is our club president Monika! The pink haired one is Natsuki, as you just heard. And the purple haired one is Yuri!" Sayori informs.

  I nod, memorizing every one of their names. I get a slight nudge on my arm and turn to look over at Sayori, "Sooo [Y/N], will you join?"

  The room grows silent and everyone starts staring at me, eager for my response.

  I look down and think for a moment, should I join? All these girls are really nice and I guess literature wouldn't be that bad..

  I sigh, "Fine, I'll join the literature club."