Chapter Five

I was still staring at Sybil when Annabeth called over an Asian girl, who was identified as Drew.

"Drew," she said to the girl as she approached us, "this here is Sybil. She'll be your new cabin mate, as you might have guessed already. So show her around camp. And be nice." 

The way Annabeth spoke to her sounded almost threatening.

I have to give Drew credit for managing to hide how intimidated she truly was - and without question, she was. She took a deep breath and sighed. "Sure. Whatever." Drew then turned to Sybil and motioned, impatiently, for her to follow. The crowd that had gathered around us parted for them both to walk through. 

As Sybil passed by Raina and I, she shot us a look of utter despair, unwilling to step out of the comfort zone of familiarity and be overwhelmed with new faces and...well, a new life. I whispered, "Don't worry, we'll see you soon," when she was close enough to hear, but I doubted my words brought her any solace. 

As Sybil and Drew grew smaller and smaller in the distance, I felt Raina clutch my arm. "I'm so scared. And nervous. And I feel so awkward. It's just all so..." she trailed off. 

She looked so lost. I knew the feeling all to well, and I hugged her. "I know. It'll all be okay," I assured Raina. She was quiet for a moment, and then nodded.

I took her hand and we went over to Chiron, who was watching the campers in the firelight. "Excuse me," I said as politely as I could, "what about us?"

Chiron looked down at us with a melancholy look in his eyes. "We wait. You havent been claimed by your godly parents yet so there isn't much else to do."

I turned to Raina. "So we just wait to be claimed. It's all good," I said calmly. I could not believe how composed I was despite the fact that I was completely broken inside. I was impatient, and I just wanted my godly parent to step forward and claim me, and perhaps explain how my life ended up being the way it is. Gods, all the questions I had...

Percy and Annabeth approached Raina and I. "It's getting pretty late, and you guys must be exausted. But there's one more thing. Follow us," Annabeth said. 

We walked up a path towards a big white house, which Percy said was simply called the "Big House," in the middle of a vineyard. I spotted a couple of boys growing plants and a fair girl in a white gossamer dress, her long blonde hair braided down her back. I wondered what business they had being out in the vineyard this late in the evening, but I decided to keep quiet. Stranger things had happened today.

I heard the sound of hooves clomping behind us and turned to find Chiron coming up the path. We all walked together in silence until we reached the Big House.

Chiron turned to me and Raina. "Normally Mr. D is in charge of things around here, as he's the camp director. However, he's not here at the moment."

"Well, where is he?" Raina questioned. 

"Olympus," Percy called out from infront of us. "Mr. D is short for Dionysus."

"O - Olympus?" Raina seemed astounded despite everything that we learned recently.

Annabeth nodded.

I let that sink in for a mintue. "And you said Dionysus. As in the god of wine."

Chiron smiled. "So you know Greek mythology."

I shurgged. I'd read stuff on it while I was roaming around. "Well, I guess they aren't really myths now, are they?"

Percy laughed. "True that."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Raina and I spent some time talking in the Big House with Chiron - well, Chiron mostly spoke while we asked a few questions here and there. He filled us in on almost everything - what we should know about camp, Olympus, and what had happened the past four years. Apparently there was a Titan War, in which there were many tradgedies. I honestly could not believe that such a large scale war happened and I didn't even know about it.