Once they started practicing, (M/N) was able to see why he was so eager to come to this station. He watched as Katsuki mixed a combination of mud, clay and berry juices around on his arm, and soon enough (M/N) could see it resembled that of tree bark.

"Wow, how'd you do that?" He asked Katsuki in awe.

The red eyed boy looked up at (M/N). "I used to decorate the cakes at the bakery, here, look," he got up and walked over to the greenery situated near the camouflage station, which was to allow tributes to practice camouflage in a way that would let them blend in with their surroundings in the arena. (M/N) watched in amazement as Katsuki's arm seemed to disappear as he put it on a tree.

"That's so cool, you'll have no problem hiding in the arena," he said. "If only you could frost someone to death with those skills."

Katsuki raised his eyebrows at (M/N), who was snickering at him. "Well you never know what you'll find in the arena. Say it's actually a giant cake-"

"Say we move on."

~

The two spent the next 3 days going quietly from station to station, picking up some valuable skills, like starting fires, knife throwing, and how to make shelter. Despite Shota's instructions to appear mediocre, Katsuki excelled at hand-to-hand combat, while (M/N) swept the edible plants test without batting an eye. Though they stayed away from archery and weightlifting, planning to save those for their private sessions.

Breakfast and dinner were served on the Districts respective floors, but at lunch the twenty-four tributes ate in a dining room off to the side of the gymnasium. Food was arranged on carts for everyone to serve themselves. Unsurprisingly, the career tributes gathered rowdily around one table, as if to prove their superiority. Most of the other tributes sat alone like lost sheep. (M/N) and Katsuki ate together, and since Shota kept dogging them about it, they tried to keep up a friendly conversation.

It wasn't easy finding a topic. Talking about home was painful, and talking about the present was unbearable. So Katsuki pointed out the different types of bread in the bread basket since that's the only topic he was fully educated in. (M/N) listens as he talks about the different textures each bread has depending on what District it originated from, despite the fairly boring explanation, he tries to look interested. Both for Katsuki and the other tributes.

"And there you have it," Katsuki says as he finishes his lengthy explanation.

"You certainly know a lot," (M/N) responds.

"Only about bread," The red eyed boy continues. "Now laugh as if I said something funny."

They both give a somewhat convincing laugh, ignoring the looks they receive from the other tributes. In all honesty, (M/N) found it quite hard keeping up this act, luckily for him, Katsuki was doing most of the work.

"All right, I'll smile pleasantly and you start talking."

(M/N) decides to talk about his first time hunting with a bow, describing how bad he was at shooting. Every now and then Katsuki would laugh and ask questions. He was definitely better than (M/N) at this. It still wierded out (M/N) watching the usually quiet and angry looking boy act like such a friendly soul.

"Hey... Do you... mind if I sit with you guys?"

The new voice startled the two as they looked up to see a girl with brown hair falling just below her shoulders, (M/N) hadn't seen her much, but he was pretty sure she was from District 7. She stood there awkwardly holding a plate of food as she awaited an answer. (M/N) looked at Katsuki, who just shrugged, before looking back up at the girl.