Or would they give him a second chance?

He didn't want to continue pondering it when he could be acting. Standing himself up, rather abruptly as his motivation fired him up, he went to grab his bookbag and his phone, to which he now stored inside, but as he was zipping his bag back up, his eyes caught onto a particular game set that he had stored in the open for no particular reason. Reaching over, he grabbed it and set the game's case inside his bag, officially zipping it closed as he swung it onto his back, before he quickly made his way to his door, leaving for the school.

⋯⋯❖⋯⋯

Remi had arrived to school earlier than she usually would; she had plans, after all, and she had to get to work on them. She was motivated, so her footing was quick as she made a drive straight for the room where Safe House was hosted. Right as she turned the corner, down the hallway, she paused in her tracks.

John stood next to the door, his hands resting in his pockets, and his eyes were locked straight onto her. His look was serious, but it wasn't threatening, nor was it a degrading stare, so now she was confused as to why he would be there.

As she wasn't one to back down, much less be intimidated by John, she brought herself to him.

"Can I help you?"

She stopped in front of John, and a mere second had passed before John worked up the courage to speak.

"Could I join the Safe House?"

Silence broke between the two. Remi couldn't believe her ears, and John- well, he couldn't believe he asked the question without any hesitation, as much as he was preparing himself for it. Her eyes glanced off as she thought about the question, but then they caught back onto his expression; as hard as it was to read John's intentions, she just couldn't bring herself to believe that he had anything ill. And after hearing about the altercation with him and Zeke, and how he didn't send yet another student to the hospital, maybe he truly was trying to improve himself?

Giving him her full attention, she displayed a smile on her face.

"Of course! Everyone can join, no matter their rank-"

"or history." She added.

The amount of relief that waved over John was immeasurable, as his tensed up shoulders relaxed, slumping down a bit.

"I was preparing myself for a no-" He admitted, looking back to Remi.

"Why would I say no? As the posters said, everyone is welcome no matter their rank- the history part I added on a thought, but we can add it to the poster as well."

From how friendly and accepting she was, it honestly made John feel bad for the beating that he had given her; a beating she actually didn't deserve. She wanted to help everyone, and that included John, as much as he refused to accept that anyone would ever want to help someone like him. In a way, she was similar to Seraphina, but she simply didn't understand his inner character as much as she did, so there was still that difference between the two. One was his friend, and the other was just friendly.

John returned a smile to her.

"Thanks, I really appreciate it. Also, uh. . .I think I should apologize. For everything that I had done to you and your friends. I'll apologize to them myself, but- I just wanted to make sure you knew that I was sorry for them too. You guys didn't deserve it, and I'm sorry that I dragged you all into my personal drama."

When John finished his apology, Remi's smile only grew more.

"It's perfectly alright, John. I understand that you were going through a lot at the time, and I fully accept your apology. I'm glad that you've come back from that point, and I wholeheartedly forgive you. With that note, welcome to the club! We're open now, so you can come on in!" She slid open the door, waving him inside.