How cruel the Gods are for them. They only wanted to have a peaceful life, loving each other, not harming anyone. Ah no, Amalia concluded -- she and Rasmus were not hurting anyone except the Gods. They knew it would be troublesome if a human would have power at the same level as them. She smiled bitterly.

Before dying, Amalia gave birth to a son and gave her two lives, where he could only use it when he was feeling a deep misery for someone he loved. Years had passed, and every Louventres were once lived in Recani Town for good, and married someone outside the family, with freedom, like what Princess Amalia wanted.

The Gods then turned a blind eye for the Governanti, giving no care after what happened. To avoid conflicts with the higher-ups, remaining Governanti must not plan to interact with other Governanti. As the years passed by, the power they held caught interest from newer generations.

They started hunting other Governanti not to impregnate but to kill them, as they wanted to have the ability only by themselves and rule the world.

Ashanti closed the book and laid her back on the bed. Hindi niya naiwasang mapatulala habang nakatingin sa kisame. Words could not describe what she was feeling at the moment.

Just... What was that?

It took time before it completely shrank into her mind. She could not say a word out loud. She could not move her body even just the slightest. Just after a couple of minutes, a warm liquid exited from her feline eyes. Her lips slightly parted as she slowly raised her hand to rub her cheeks.

Why was she crying?

Nagtuloy-tuloy ang pagbagsak ng kaniyang luha. Hindi na lamang niya namalayang humihikbi na siya. Why was she so affected by what happened to Princess Amalia? She only read her backstory in the book Amara gave to her yesterday, but why it felt like she was there, she was the one who experienced the brutal moment her ancestor had?

Suddenly, her chest gave her pain and resulted in her hardly breathing. Umayos siya ng upo at mahinang sinuntok ang dibdib habang patuloy pa rin ang pag-agos ng luha.

She hated this feeling. It was new yet somehow nostalgic for her. Princess Amalia once said they could only have their rebirth if they felt sadness towards someone they love, which was when she repeatedly saw Rasmus dying and Gods trying to kill her baby. Mas malala iyon kumpara sa naranasan niya.

She shut her eyes and began to calm herself. Para bang nagiibang tao siya bawat segundong lumilipas. The moment she saw the diary, that was the time she became a real Louventre.

Fuck them for giving Princess Amalia suffering she doesn't deserve.

Was that also mean that Laura Gomez was a real Governanti? Remembering the information she got from the news, she could conclude that the woman was a part of Vedere, the family who could see the future.

She then went outside after an hour. A group of her cousins could be seen helping the farmers harvesting some crops they needed for tonight's dinner. Napaisip siya, naranasan na rin ba ng mga itong makuha ang kanilang pangalawang buhay?

She walked towards them and lent a hand. Wala rin naman siyang iba pang magagawa habang nasa Recani dahil napakahina ng signal. Nakipag-usap siya sa mga ito ngunit hindi niya nabanggit ang tungkol sa nabasa.

They still look innocent. I think they don't have the knowledge yet regarding the secret of this family.

She met new faces since it was been a while when she last came to Recani. Unlike her, most of them had a lowkey profile in life and still studying in junior high. She frowned. Ang gaganda ng mga pinsan niya ngunit ayaw ibalandra sa madla.