Jul 21 | World of Words [CLOSED]

Greetings to all users and lovers of English language!

Welcome back to another writing challenge of WattpadESL. In English, we have many linguistic terms but words, especially beautiful ones, will easily make people fall in love with them. Therefore, we challenge you to write a story based on these given words.

First word:

resilience (n

resilience (n.) the ability to be happy, successful, etc. again after something difficult or bad has happened (Via Oxford Dictionary)

Second word:

Bucolic (adj

Bucolic (adj.) relating to the pleasant aspects of the countryside and country life. (Via Oxford Dictionary)

Rules and Guidelines

✒️The Deadline for submission is 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time [EST] on July 31.

✒️Word count: 1000 words or less.

✒️ Each participant need to pick only one word and write a story centred on the meaning of the word.

✒️ You don't need to use the word in the story but it will be great if you can!

✒️ You can publish your story as a new book or in an existing short story collection.

✒️ One entry per person. No co-writing and no submitting an already existing story.

✒️ All entries have to be in English only.

✒️ Mature content will not be allowed.

✒️ Entries must follow Wattpad Content Guidelines.

✒️ Please submit your story via this FORM. (you can find the link in the comment and in the broadcast)

✒️ After submitting your entries, please feel free to share the link to your story/entry in the comment section to let others read it and please do support the other contestants by checking out their stories.

Prizes

✒️ A shout-out from our profile

✒️ A brand new sticker

✒️ A slot in our reading list if it is a stand-alone.

✒️ A slot to be featured in our anthology book of  if you want.

Disclaimer

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.

• • •

Winners of World of Words: July 2021

Luminous_Bookworm with Scars 

starlight_stormfire with Storm of Resilience