12 || The Unspoken Truth

Start from the beginning

Harry chuckled as he put his arm around me while I put my arm around his waist. "I have to tell you guys something." Mal said making us all stop our tracks.

"Um... I lied to you. The kids won't be coming off the isle." Mal stated as she looked me in the eye. "What?" I yelled as I took a step forward, but Harry stopped me as he put his hand on my shoulder. "What do you mean?" Jay asked as he looked at her.

"The program is shut down. And the barrier will be closed for good..." Mal said as she looked at Ben. "For Auradon's safety."

"Hold up." Uma said as she took a step forward. I could tell she was getting upset. This was a shocker for all of us. "So we're saving your precious people, and your behinds, for a lie? I knew it was a mistake to trust you. You're always out for yourself."

I just scoffed as I let go of Harry and crossed my arms. "And to think we were getting close again." I said on the verge of tears.

"And you! King Benny." Harry yelled as he stomped over to Ben. "You're probably just gonna throw us all back inside, eh?" He said in a quieter voice as he looked at Ben.

"You know what? I actually thought you were brave, but you're nothing but a chicken. Too scared to tell me I was never gonna see my dad again." Celia stated as she grabbed the ember from Mal's hand and threw it in the bird bath before stomping off.

Normally I would be upset, but at this point I didn't care. "No!" Mal yelled as she ran over and tried to ignite the ember again. "Regain your might and ignite! No! Regain your might and ignite!" 

I just closed my eyes as I felt Harry's arms around me. "I'm never going to see dad again?" I asked as I looked at Mal with tears in my eyes. "Well. Looks like we're orphans now." I said as I choked on some tears and pointed a finger at Mal.

I just shook my head as I cried into Harry's chest. "(y/n) I'm sorry I didn't think of that." Mal said as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Of course you didn't. All you think about is yourself Mal." I said as I sniffled. "You probably didn't care that dad was the only one who cared about me in our messed up family. You were too busy trying to change yourself. Mom is literally a lizard for goodness sake! I know you don't care about dad, and you certainly don't care about me." I said as I stomped off into the forest and followed Celia.

"(y/n)!" I heard Mal call after me.

Third Person POV

"Nice going Mal. You just broke my girlfriend." Harry said as he walked up to Uma. "Let's go find (y/n) and Gil and leave them to rot." She said as they took off after (y/n).

"No... Uma!"

"Evie. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I just... I thought that... I was afraid to tell you, I thought that I was gonna lose my best friend. But I had to do something, I had to... protect Auradon." Mal said as tears formed in her eyes.

"Closing the barrier was your idea?" Evie asked on the verge of tears as well. "I did it for us! I did it for... our life that we have here now." Mal said trying to reason with her.

"For our life?! What about the kids that we left behind on that island?! The kids that we promised. We were their only hope. I thought you were gonna stand up for the VKs. But instead you lied to them. And you lied to Jay. And you lied to Carlos. You lied to (y/n). You lied to me. We're your family." Evie explained.

"Evie. Evie, come on! I had no choice!" Mal yelled at them. All of a sudden a cloud of pink smoke appeared turning Evie, Jay, Carlos, Dude, and Ben to stone.

(Mal)

Here you are alone, and you deserve it. Your friends have turned to stone. And that's on you. You had a cause to serve, but did you serve it? Did you see yourself in a way that wasn't true?