•14

it's been 4 days and no one has heard from John."Anyone hear from John"I asked at the kitchen table for the fourth time this week.Everyone muttered no and continued eating their breakfast.I rolled my eyes and went to find Tommy.

"Good morning Charlotte"Tommy smiled as I walked into his office "Morning Tom"I smiled back.
I sat on the chair across from him and kicked my feet up on his desk "Seriously Charlotte"Tommy sighed."I just like to be comfortable okay"I chuckled.Tommy playfully rolled his eyes and lit a cigarette."Have you talked to Lizzie yet"I asked "Nope,that's actually where I'm headed right now"He said,letting out a deep breath and getting up too put on his coat."I'm gonna go see him"I said getting up and leaving the room along with Tommy.

"John"I shouted while bagging on his front door."I know your home"I shouted while still banging on the door.Ruth,his oldest,opened the front door "He's not home"she said in a robotic voice,as if she had been told to say it.I bent down to her level "Ruth,where's your dad ?"I whispered "Upstairs"She whispered back"Thanks Ruth"I smiled,ruffling her hair as she let me in.

I slowly creeped up the stairs and kicked open Johns door.John was lying on his bed facing the window.He turned to face the door and sighed when he saw me "What ?"He said bluntly "wow no hello or how are you"I smiled."What do you want Charlotte ?"He asked again."Get up John"I scolded,pulling the covers off him."Charlotte"He whined."oh shut up John.Go have a shower you fucking smell.I'll feed the kids"I ordered.John left out a sigh as I left the room but I ignored it because I heard him bounce out of bed.

After I had made the kids breakfast and John had gotten dressed I told the kids to go play so John could have some peace."Why have you disappeared the past 4 days"I asked John as I watched him scoff down his breakfast "None of you understand"He sighed "understand what ?"I asked.John paused and took a deep breath before he spoke "no one understands that me and the kids need someone"He spoke with his voice cracking and his eyes welling up with tears.I reached my hand across the table and placed it on top of his in a comforting way"You don't need anyone John,you need help"I said softly.
"Everyone will help John,you just need to ask "I said."What else can I do Lotts ?I've already fucked up.I'm a shit father"John sobbed.Id never seen John cry before,or any of my brothers for the matter,so I was a bit taken back "It's never too late too change things John and you are not a shit father".I slowly got up and have him a hug "Now when I leave,get up and do something fun with your kids"I whispered as he let go of me.I said goodbye to my nieces and nephews and walked out of the house.

As I was walking home I heard a familiar voice calling me.I took a quick glance behind me and saw a bloody,beaten up Isaiah ."Isaiah"I said in a worried voice."What happened ?"I asked,reaching up to touchy the wound on his face.He flinched when I touched them."Just got in a little fight"He chuckled through pain "A little ? Who were you fighting this early in the morning"I asked."Some racists down by the pier.I had enough.I hit one and knocked him out but then his four friends jumped in.Still got them though"He said,referring to the gun in his pocket."come back to mine.I'll get you cleaned up"I said as I pulled him by his arm

I opened the front door and led him into the kitchen
"Isaiah?What the bloody hell happened you"Finn laughed."Shut up Finn"I sighed."okay,okay.What actually did happen ?"Finn asked with more concern."Racists"Isaiah answered "Where ?"Finn raged "their dead Finn"Isaiah chuckled.Finn took a breath of relief as he sat back down."Anyone else home ?"I asked as I got a rag and water to clean up Isaiah's wounds."Nope just me"Finn answered.

I walked over to where Isaiah was sitting and placed the bowl on the table.He winced as I began cleaning his wounds."ouch"He complained "Oh stop.Your such a baby"I laughed"Are you laughing at me ?Isaiah smirked."No"I laughed "Yes you were"He said,lifting his hands up to tickle me."No please"I begged "too late"He laughed,beginning too tickle me."Ugh get a room"Finn burst out,making gagging noises.Me and Isaiah both laughed before I went back to cleaning his wounds."Stop trying to fuck my sister Isaiah.I mean it"Finn scolded,pointing his finger at Isaiah.Isaiah held his hands up in defence,looking at me for help "Finn"I scolded,giving him a death stare.

"Tea ?"I asked once I had finished cleaning Isaiah."Yes please "He answered politely."Finn do you want some"I asked "Yeah"He answered.I made the tea and the three of us sat at the table together.A few glances were shared between me and Isaiah before he decide to leave."I'll walk you out"I said to Isaiah.He smiled as I followed him."meet my at the pier tomorrow.4'o clock"He whispered in my ear once we had reached the door.I giggled and nodded my head as he walked down the pathway.

~

"Tom,is that you ?"I shouted from the kitchen after I had heard the door slam."Yeah"He replied while walking into the kitchen."So have you decided ?About Lizzie and John ?"I asked "Yes"Tommy replied,lighting probably his 10th cigarette of the day."And what is the decision ?"I asked "He's not marrying her"He sighed.Me and Tommy both knew John would be pissed but there's good reasoning behind all of Tommy's decisions."When are you telling him ?"I sighed "I already have"He replied