Chapter 15

"Your mother wrote this in a way only you or a Fujiwara, I think, can read it" Nanami left the journal on the table.

"I tried to read it but there was no use" Gojo sat beside her.

Takara looked at it hesitant. She was afraid to pass out again.

"Whatever you want to know is in here" Satoru tapped the face of the book.

"Are you sure you want to read it?" Kento sipped his coffee.

She looked at Gojo, his long legs were folded as a four, and his head was supported by his hand. He smiled at her. "Don't worry, I will be here no matter what".

Takara shivered and felt her eyes water. "Let's read it then"

My dear Takara, if you are reading this then you are old enough and Satoshi brought you to where you are supposed to be.

I have been planning this for years. I knew who you were going to be and I needed to secure your life and well-being.

You are the last honorable one of this clan. A long line of Fujiwara's marrying royalty slowly faded away, and even though we kept marrying powerful people we disappeared.

When I was fifteen I started to have visions, about my own future. The things I saw were unbelievable at first, as they started to happen I surrendered to my own destiny. I saw you in my life at least five years before you even thought of being born.

I know what Satoshi might've told you, but it's time to come clean: I requested he lied to you until you met the one who is going to protect you.

We were in love, that's true, but the rest is an elaborated act I planned.

Our clan was on the top of the chain many centuries ago, but we burned out and arranging a marriage with a powerful clan to secure your safety was becoming ridiculously difficult.

I heard about a Gojo kid who had insane power, I knew he was the right one, so I sneaked in and I carved a bonding symbol in his room. Takara, he's a charming one, his future is so bright... you must know by now.

Satoshi appeared the day you were born. I've never seen such a beautiful being, probably he hasn't change that much by now. He's not here to help you live until you are old and wrinkled, you're not immortal. I asked him to say that.

He's a messenger, yours to be precise. Until now, he has been acting as your guide, but dear daughter of mine: he has carried to the gods every prayer you have made, and he will carry prayers to you too.

I know you've suffered and been hurt and left alone, but it was all destiny. I saw it, many times. It hurt me to see all the pain you'd have to face in order to become the greatest, but one cannot fight with what it's written.

I asked Satoshi to hide my spell and symbols books, when you get to this point you can ask him about them, I would love it if you use them, you have the potential and the title to be the greatest sorceress.

It took me weeks to write this and I still don't know how to tell you.

You're destined to greatness. To power. To fight. And the reason may seem absurd even crazy to you, and you may even deny it or think I just made all this up, but sweet child of mine: you are the reincarnation of the kami(*) Inari Okami.

That's why you are destined to prosperity and greatness. That's why you have all these abilities. It has nothing to do with Satoshi, who is in reality your follower.

The fact that I died only woke up that power in you, it was destiny. I knew it since before you were born how I was going to die. But every day was worth it.

To carry a goddess in my guts, to hold you and know the gods blessed me with this duty... I felt so happy, so full, special.

Gojo Satoru is the man which I picked, which my visions told me to pick, which the gods choose, to protect you and care for you, to fight and even give up his life for you.

You may not understand it yet, but by the time you read this, your journey as the protector of warriors it's already starting.

Gojo Satoru is going to keep you company, because it gets lonely when you are holy... and he knows that, so he's perfect for the task. You are the honored ones.

If it's possible, marry him. Build an empire, protect everyone you can, save everyone you can. It's your path to reach the light.

It's written in the stars, that's how the gods want it, my dear daughter, dear Takara, holy Inari.

I ask for forgiveness and your blessings.

With love, Your mother.

------

(*) Kami: the spirits, phenomena or "holy powers" that are venerated in the religion of Shinto. Often also taken as "gods".