Reclaiming a family

Start from the beginning

"Indeed Lady Peverell. Now may I introduce Healer Oriel." He gestured to the goblin beside him. "She was the one who treated the frankly horrifying number of injuries you had sustained over your life, all of your scars and such are treated and faded, however the one on your fore head is a different ordeal." He signalled for the ginger man to step forward.

"Hello Lady Peverell, my name is Bill Weasley and I am a curse-breaker here at Gringotts. I was just going to tell you about how we removed all of the curses affecting you and removed a dark curse from your forehead scar. It was something called a horcrux, essentially when he died, a part of the Dark Lord's soul got trapped in you, but that has been removed. It has not been destroyed as that would warn him, so we have it here for safe keeping." Guineverre recognized him from a few short meetings during her fourth year.

"Thank you for doing that, I'll research more about this later. And Mr Weasley, I believe we have met before, of course I looked a bit different. How is Fleur?"

The Weasley smiled at the mention of his girlfriend. "Oh she is doing very well, she's as lovely as ever, sadly mother is still against the relationship, yet I give no care for her opinion. Fleur is actually here in Gringotts. She is working a part time job here, would you like to see her after you are finished here?"

Guineverre nodded enthusiastically. "I would love that, it has been quite a while since I've seen her and I also wanted to check up on her after the whole... tournament fiasco. I wish we had met under better circumstances, she was and is a lovely woman. You are lucky to have each other. And also, a word of advice, I wouldn't listen to your mother's guidance... ever."

Bill seemed unaware of the meaning behind her words and voiced his confusion to the young woman. She sighed deeply before explaining. "Well it seems that along with Dumbledore keeping my true self a secret, your mother and two youngest siblings had the joy of stealing thousands of galleons from me annually since 1991, or 1992 in your sister's case. As far as I am aware, your father and other brothers were completely unaware and I take both concern and happiness in that fact. I worry that we were all so easliy kept in the dark, yet I am happy that I don't lose all of you, I quite like the rest of you lot."

Bill was flaberghasted, he was obviously shocked when he found out what Dumbledore had done to an innocent child. He went from one second talking to Fleur, and the next being called to undo a repeated imperius curse on a fifteen year old. Now he finds out that his mother, sister and brother had been stealing thousands of galleons from this girl. "That is horrible, and also disturbing considering they have been taking thousands and yet the rest of our family live in close to poverty. Our family home is hardly more than a shack and yet they have this money? And what about the twins wanting to open their shop? She says they can't yet she could probably fund it with ease!"

He was fuming. He was so angry that he unconciously alerted his mate, Fleur, through their bond that comes from a veela finding their mate. She instantly ran from her desk to the hospital wing and burst open the doors to find a beautiful young lady shaking her head sadly as Bill clenched and unclenched his fists. She ran over to him and hugged him, holding on for dear life, hoping to calm him down, which she successfully did.

She held him and asked the young lady what had happened and who she was. She smiled sadly at her. "He simply discovered a few of his family member's... activities and got angry. And as to who I am, I am hurt you don't recognise your fellow competetor. And after I saved your sister from that lake as well, typical." She scoffed in fake hurt.

The French woman's eyes widened as she scanned the girl again and again until she leaped forward and took her into a hug. She started muttering in French, she may have been learning English but she was first and foremost from France. "Ce qui vous est arrivé? Pourquoi es-tu si belle ? Vos yeux sont enchanteurs. Vous avez l'air tellement mieux que vous ne l'étiez quand vous étiez garçon, sans vous offenser. (What happened to you? Why do you look so beautiful? You're eyes are enchanting. You look so much better than you were as a boy, no offence.)"