i was still a bit confused why she made a big deal about switzerland i mean she said she doesn't have great memories from there but that doesn't explain much.

"so do you have any pets?" i asked as i typed up 'football in poland'
"used to have a dog but we had to get rid of it because he was allergic"
"who's he?" i asked even though i thought it would be best if i didn't

she huffed. "my new dad" she said as she started colouring the 'A' of the letters she had cut out.
"oh" is all i said back.
"yeah"
"what was your dogs name?"
"milo. he was really nice, king charles" he said smiling at the thought of him.
"we gave him to my mum's friend so i could visit him whenever i want but she moved so now....well yeah" she continued.
"oh i'm sorry"
"s'fine"

we worked on the project some more and chatted a bit too. we still had until friday to complete the project but it was almost half ways done already.

then my mam walked in. "hello how's the project doing?"
"good we are doing poland"
"oh how exotic"
we both looked at her confused and laughed.
"sandwich?"
"um no thanks mrs. horan i better get going before it's dark"
"would you like a lift?" mam asked.
"no thanks i don't live too far away"she smiled.
"ok be safe"
"mam she'll be fine" i laughed.
"just making sure!"

i went over to pick up ellie's bag when her phone went off

from mum:
honey please come home as soon as you can. it happened again.

i told myself to ignore it but from what from liam told me i was concerned. i didn't say anything just hand her her bag and phone.

"oh thank yo-" i could see her eyes widen when she looked at her phone. yeah something was up.
"bye same again tomorrow?"
"yeah ok bye"
__________
ellie:
i actually had fun at nialls. but there is still something about him but i don't know what.

i was walking up to my door when i heard shouting. he was drunk again.

//TW: abuse//
i opened the door quietly as possible and headed to the kitchen.

"i fucking own this house so she's mine!" my 'dad' yelled drunkly.
"she is not your child John she's Brian's!" my mum yelled back.
"Brian is fucking dead Sarah just accept it!"

then i heard a glass smash off the ground and some banging.

"John stop it right now!"
"get the fuck out of my way or i'll hit you"
"no i will not move you need to stop drinking you'll become addicted."
"S'too late now alcohol is my happiness now you can fuck off for all i care"
"you don't mean that"
"i fucking do, now get the fuck out of my way you ugly bitch"
"STOP IT!" mum yelled.

by now my eyes were tearing up. this happens nearly every day now.

the worst part was about to happen and it's now my cue to step in.

"hey!" i yelled.
"what are you doing here?" he asked sloppily.
"i'm your daughter aren't i?" the sound of that sentence made me cringe.
"see she said she is my daughter not yours bitch" he said cornering mum into the wall punching his fist.
"dad. DAD STOP IT!!"

i ran over to him to try stop hitting her but when i pulled him back he boxed me in the ribs and left.

all i remember is laying there hopeless. i couldn't move. i could hear my mum talking but everything was fuzzy and my eyes were blurry with tears. i just want him to go away. why did he have to force my mum into marriage why couldn't it be someone who deserved it. my mum deserves the world not this.

the next morning i woke up with my side aching i lifted up my top to reveal a black and blue bruise i touched it and pain shot through my body.

i got dressed and walked down stairs hoping he wasn't there. thankfully he wasn't he was probably still at the pub or at another girls house or something.

"hey mum, you ok?"
"hey el i'm fine yeah you?"
"i'm ok"
"look honey i called the police last night he's on the loose he won't be back for awhile we are safe"
i smiled and then whispered "for now"
i hugged her and headed to the cupboard for breakfast.

"i'm walking with the boys today i don't need a lift. unless you need help... um cleaning anything"
"it's fine i did it last night"
"have you eaten yet? i can make you something" i asked
"no it's fine i just had toast"
"then i'm making dinn- oh no i'm not i have football training shit i don't have my gear!" i ran up to my room before my mum could say anything and grabbed my duffel bag which already had all my gear ready in it. i was confused until my mum walked in.
"surprise?" she laughed.
"you really are the best aren't you" i giggled and hugged her again.

niall:
i had football after school today and i was getting my gear ready when i got a text from louis.

from louis 🤟
hey niall! just to let you know we are training with the girls later it's tradition we do it every first training session of the year. seeya in a bit :)

the girls. really. uhhh. i swear to god of that elevator and her minions are there i will flip. they better be good. not saying girls are bad at sport but some people boys included are literally only there for the social part of it. im sure it will be fine.

•••••••
word count: 1.6k

NIALL IS IN IRELAND AND HE IS REALLY CLOSE TO WHERE I LIVE

anyways hope you enjoyeddddd

All the love, S xoxox