Chapter 5

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

Chris slowly peeked his eyes open, piercing white light making him regret that decision instantly. He coughed as the smell of anti-septic stung his nose. Where am I...? The hospital?

"Chris? Chris, are you awake?"

"Claire?" Chris groaned.

Claire wrapped her brother in a bear-hug, keeping herself from squeezing as hard as she would like. "It's me, Chris. We made it."

Chris slowly raised his right arm—his left was completely numb—and pat her hair. Her locks were clean, the blood washed from her face. "How's Steve?"

"He's recovering," Claire chirped. "And all thanks to Wesker. I'll be the first to admit I did not see that coming."

"Wesker..." Chris hummed. "Where is he, by the way?"

"I'm here, Chris," Wesker said. He was wearing a new change of clothes and leaning against the wall near the corner.

Claire looked between the two, a smug grin spreading across her face. "I'll leave you two love-birds alone," She snickered. "I'm gonna go check on Steve."

Both Wesker and Chris flushed as Claire skipped out of the room.

Wesker was the first one to break the silence; he pulled up a chair and sat by Chris' bedside. "You saved my life back there," He mumbled. "I don't know why, but..." He cleared this throat, looking at the floor. "I... appreciate it."

"I know you might go back to the whole B.O.W. mercenary thing, but..." Chris started, "I just want you to be honest with me." Chris thought back to what Claire told him and smiled. "Do what you need to do, Wesker. Just come back alive."

Wesker placed his palm against Chris' cheek, thumbing at Chris' soft skin—Wesker kissed him then, passionate and deep.

They were both panting by the time they parted.

"I love you, Albert." Chris felt almost goofy for saying his name like that, like a schoolgirl with a crush on an upper classman.

"I, um... Well, I lo—"

Chris rolled his eyes endearingly, bringing him into another kiss.

Somebody finally wanted Chris Redfield.

END