*Chapter 8*

"Oh? How do you know my name?" Kazuha says, taking a step back in surprise. Back when he was still a prince, the only friend he had was Y/N and as a result, not many people knew his name. 

"Seriously? You didn't get bonked on the head why you were away did you?" Y/N replied, still refusing to face Kazuha.

"I beg you pardon?" But before Kazuha could finish, a distant shout interrupted him.

"Look! Isn't that the Kamisato Princess? What's she doing here? quick lets go take a closer look." because of her pretty features and grace, Y/N had a lot of admirers and she would often be swarmed in public. Due to her fear of crowds, she did not enjoy it one bit. 

"I'll take my leave now, it seems our conversation's done here. As for your question, why don't you go figure it out for yourself." Y/N stated with a soft voice, but the coldness in her words would not go unnoticed. 

The girl turned around to take her leave, carefully placing her footsteps so that Kazuha wouldn't see her face, much less recognize her. However, as she headed away from the docks Kazuha spotted a familiar red hairpiece on the girl's hair. 

"Please wait a second." He tried calling out but with his keen sense of hearing he could tell the lady was already gone.

Kazuha's POV:

The girl just now... who was she? Why did she have the hairpin I gave to Y/N? Judging by her attire she was clearly a princess from the Kamisato clan, so why did she possess Y/N's items? Where did the L/N clan move too? There's not a trace of them left here. 

I had so many questions that were left unanswered. It appears a lot had changed since I left. I had expected Y/N to be waiting for me back at the L/N clan, and I would apologize and we would make up, then everything would go back to normal. However, now the L/N clan and Y/N were nowhere to be found and a strange girl now possess the very hairpin I gifted to her, it was hard not to wonder.

I don't believe Y/N would ever give away a present... not unless she wanted to forget about me? Panic rose through my chest as I thought about it more and more. I had abandoned her and left out of no where... what if she was angrier than I thought? 

I need answers... I told myself, then headed to the Kamisato residence to ask for an audience. 

Y/N's POV:

How could he not have recognized me? Was it my clothes or was it my voice? Though by the sound of it his voice was the one that actually changed... Kazuha you're such an idiot, you leave for 3 years and then don't even recognize me anymore. 

As I headed back to the Kamisato clan, I saw Ayaka waiting for me by the entrance. She noticed my bothered state and brought me along to have a cup of tea. We sat and I explained everything to her. By the end of my speech, she had broken a teacup and had threatened to pull out Kazuha's hair one by one. 

"I'll pick out every single strand of hair, starting with the eyebrows." Ayaka says with a sweet smile. 

"I'm sure there's no need, if you do that I won't be able to tell what kind of face he's making." I joked back 

As we continue to chat I felt my mood lift, I always had fun engaging in conversations with Ayaka. However, our playful talking was soon disturbed by a knock on the door. 

"Lady Ayaka and Lady Y/N, there's a man outside claiming to be from the Kaedehara clan. He's demanding an audience. Everyone else is currently busy, will you come and help us out? The guards are struggling to keep him at bay." 

"I'll go." Ayaka offers as she stood up. 

"Are you sure about this? Please don't actually murder him." I say as I grab onto her sleeve.

"Oh don't worry Y/N, I'll leave the punching and kicking to you." Ayaka says before taking her leave

Third POV:

As Ayaka permitted Kazuha to enter the residence, the boy quickly sat down and starting throwing questions at the poor princess. Across the table, sat Ayaka with her regular smile but anyone close to her could tell that she's irritated. 

A 'clink' sound follows as she lowers her tea cup causing Kazuha to stop speaking for a minute and let Ayaka interrupt.

"The so called "L/N" clan you seek no longer exists." The Kamisato princess says while dead calm, "It was destroyed around 3 years ago, soon after the vision hunt was declared. According to my sources, not a single person made it out-"

"That can't be..." Kazuha says, piecing it together. It was clear that the L/N clan fell shortly after Kazuha had fled the region. As the truth settles in he realizes that because of his cowardice actions he failed to save Y/N. Trying to keep his cool he continued to speak, "The L/N clan posses abilities a normal being cannot even comprehend, their grace and beauty reflect upon the birds who soar with freedom among the skies. To think the entire clan was wiped out in one attack, certainly is preposterous. " 

"You didn't let me finish," Ayaka stated, "all but one confirmed member survived the attack. The young princess of the L/N clan was able to flee and was accepted here in the Kamisato clan. She resides here with us till this very day, I suppose she's the so called "friend" you're searching for?" 

"Y/N's here?" Kazuha asks while smacking his hands on the table, it seemed his calm and collective image was dropping. The guards outside all cringed at his lack of manners. "Why doesn't she want to see me? Can you bring her here? I'd like to talk to her-" The boy begins asking another string of questions. 

Ayaka sighed before eyeing the boy disapprovingly, she had grown quite fond of Y/N and sees her as a little sister. "I believe you two have already met, down at the harbour today was that not her?" 

Pardon me...? Kazuha paused giving himself a moment to think... the lady she had met at the harbour earlier today was Y/N?! Why hadn't he recognized her? Now that he was thinking, he recognize the hair colour was the exact same as Y/N's and the hairpin. How had he not pieced it all together?

Mentally smacking himself, Kazuha bowed down in shame at the realization. However, another thought hit him and without thinking he blurted out another question. "Y/N's not married to someone in the Kamisato house is she?!" he asked. 

"Seriously? That's the question you ask?" 

"..."

Amusement glimmered in Ayaka's eyes as she shook her head. The boy sighed in relief. "Can I see her then?" He asked his 42395th question of the night. But before Ayaka could reply she was cut off by another voice. 

"There's not a lot to see." Y/N spoke. She had snuck into the room and seated herself behind Kazuha leaving a good 4 meters of distance between the two of them. Perched on top of one of the bookshelves as she looked down at the boy. Silently Ayaka left the room while Kazuha was distracted, leaving the two to talk privately. 

"Now now Kazuha, you've got a lot of explaining to do." 

Fun fact: 

Kazuha knocked out 3 guards trying to get into the Kamisato residence. Y/N actually threw a shoe at him without him noticing which stunned him just enough for the other guards to get ahold of the boy.

 He's a feisty one guys...

A/N:

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE OVER 1000 READS. IM SO HAPPY YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING THIS BOOK. I'LL KEEP UPDATING, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT. AHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.