🍰【t h i r t y f i v e】🍰

Start from the beginning

It was the boy from the cafe earlier.

Chenle looked up, freezing when he saw the other boy. His facial expression changed to one of excitement and remembrance as he gazed at the boy.

"Chenle.. Chenle it's me... It's me!" The boy said excitedly. Chenle threw his arms around the taller boy.

"Jisung! Oh my god, Jisung Park where have you been!" He said, so much excitement in his voice that it confused Jeno. Jisung stood up, helping Chenle to do the same before the older attacked him with another hug. "I'm so sorry I left you. I didn't want to! My parents didn't give me another choice and-"

"Chenle, it's alright. Don't sweat it really." Jisung assured. Jeno could understand why Chenle seemed to like this boy. He didn't raise his voice very loud and he was actually pretty cute. Jisung looked at Jeno and smiled as Chenle pulled away.

"Hi. My names Jisung. Its nice to meet you." He said with a polite bow. Jeno bowed back timidly with a small smile.

"J-Jeno. I'm Jeno." The older said nervously. Normally Jaemin was around when he met new people but this time he wasn't there. Chenle must've noticed the discomfort because he took a step towards Jeno and took his hand with an encouraging smile. Jeno nodded and looked back to Jisung. "It's nice to meet you J-Jisung." He bowed to the boy, stopping as he remembered that Jisung was younger. He fiddled his fingers. "Er, sorry.. I-I it's my habit..." He whispered nervously, wishing he could just shrink away to nothing. Jisung laughed lightly.

"That's okay. Everyone has their habits." Jisung smiled kindly at Jeno, making the older feel safer again. Now he had two people who could help him. Jeno took out his phone and turned it on. Seeing the time he looked at Chenle.

"We should go... Jaemin will be waiting." Jisung looked at them.

"Who's Jaemin?" Jeno looked at the floor and shuffled his feet.

"M-my boyfriend." Jisung smiled.

"Oh! That's cool." He said, that cute smile not leaving his face. Jeno's eyes sparkled as he heard the boy's response. He was starting to feel pretty comfortable around him.

"Well, I should probably get going. I walked here from my house and my mom will worry. I stopped here on my way home from my school to get stuff for dinner but I didn't mean to stay here this long.."

"Do you wanna ride?" Chenle asked, smiling a bit. Jisung smiled brighter, pointing a finger gun at Chenle.

"Thought you'd never ask." Chenle smiled, going in for a handshake to which Jisung replied by throwing out scissors. They both laughed at it like it was the funniest thing.

So this was what it felt like to be a third wheel.

🍰

The ride home was luckily quick, Chenle dropping him off with a smile. Jeno had thrown back a thank you before going into the building.

He was walking up the three flights of stairs, when he started to feel light-headed again.

Oh god.

Not this...

Not now...

Jeno groaned, stopping on the landing after the second flight of stairs and sitting down. He was feeling light-headed again and ha felt like he might vomit... Again.

He needed to get up one more flight of stairs. He could make it.

He stood up, feeling his stomach ache again with every movement as he slowly made his way up the last flight of stairs.

He stumbled through the apartment, ignoring Bongsik's cries for food as he rushed to the bathroom.

He sat by the toilet for a moment after, catching his breath and shutting his eyes.

He had to tell Jaemin soon.

"Jeno? Are you alright?" Jeno opened his eyes slowly to see Jaemin standing in the doorway. The older nodded slowly, vaguely remembering seeing Jaemin's shoes in the entryway. He nodded, still breathing heavy, and closed his eyes again. Jaemin rushed forward and sat beside him.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked as he rubbed the older's back. Jeno nodded, leaning onto Jaemin's shoulder and groaning as he held his stomach. He sat up and crawled back to the toilet, vomiting again.

This was the worst it had been so far.

"I'm.. I'm... Mmkay.." Jaemin furrowed his brow as Jeno panted out the words. They sat there for a moment, Jeno laying with his head against the wall as he caught his breath. Jaemin worriedly heald Jeno's hand, whispering small words of comfort to the older. After a couple of minutes of Jeno being calmed down again, Jaemin finally spoke.

"Jen, how about we go to our room, hm?" Jeno nodded wearily, barely registering as Jaemin helped him to stand up and stumble back to their room.

"I'm gonna go make us some food. Do you think you can eat?" Jeno nodded.

"Please I'm starving.."

"Okay, what would you like?"

"Strawberry... Something strawberry.." Jeno muttered. Jaemin nodded.

Sounds like they're having some cake after dinner.

"And.. And the stuffy on the floor... To sleep." Jaemin looked confused, looking around the bedroom floor. Jeno groaned and shook his head.

"It's out in the hall. I dropped it.." Jaemin nodded, rubbing the older's arm and giving a kiss to the boy's forehead.

"Okay. I'll be right back baby." Jeno nodded. He felt so tired after just the short visit with Chenle. This was so strange to him. He had never felt so tired just from short activities like this.

He vaguely felt Bongsik jump up beside him, hearing the cat meow at him before he fell asleep.

Two days.

The doctor said the test would take two days.

Two days Nana..

Then you'll know.

I promise.

← t b c →