1

It was the evening of 14th February, when a girl named Lynn opened her eyes in the big wide world where adventures, mysteries and suspense awaited. Her grandmother looked at her proudly as she had this feeling inside her that Lynn would grow up well into a brave and independent lass.  

Her mother took her into her arms and caressed her cheek looking at her baby with heart eyes. The room was filled with silence which was soon broken by the cries of Lynn. The doctor took her from her mother's arms and calmed her down. Everyone was delighted to have a new member in the Torsney family. After 3 days, the family went home with the baby.

Her mother took great care of her. She never let her get hurt and she was extra cautious this time as she had already lost one child. 

                                                                          ~~~~

It was her 4th birthday, her mother chuckled as she saw the blonde-haired girl running around the house shouting, "It's my birthdayy!" Her dad picked her up and took her outside for a ride as her grandmother approached Samantha (Lynn's mother). "Darling let me help you with something I am free anyways." The obedient daughter replied, "No mom, it's okay i can do it. Besides, you have worked all your life, it's time for you to take some rest." The old lady chuckled and sat back on her place, fetching her glasses and switching on the TV. The kids and dad were back and Lynn rushed towards the cake and hugged her mom as a sign of thanks. She finally cut the cake and now it was time to open the presents. She received nice presents but her younger brother got jealous and sad. Her grandmother had an alternative present so she gave it to him. Anxiously, he opened just to see a large snake plushie. He got scared and threw it while getting up and leaving. Lynn was just as shocked as grandma was so she got up, took the plushie and one of her present and followed her brother. She was also young so all she could do was exchange gifts with her brother in order to make him happy. She took the plushie and gave her brother her remote control car in return. Then she got up and went to her room carrying the plushie with her. She didnt find it bad so she kept it.

She played with her plushie a lot and eventually her grandmother knew that this was meant for her. She got to know about her granddaughter's abilities. 

To be continued....................