Vs Mahito Arc -Part II-

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine. Though I'm full of holes," he answered calmly. That's not okay at all. She furrowed her eyebrows before sighing

"That's not fine," Nanami muttered.

"Also, everyone from this school is unconscious in the gym," he added.

"Hey, you're alive and well, 7:3 sorcerer," Mahito chirped, transforming his hand back. "Glad to see we both survived. Shall we share a hug in celebration of our reunion?" His hand was changing, ready to transform into anything. Nanami noticed a blood dripped from his nose.

"Itadori-kun, why is his nose bleeding?" Nanami asked.

"Huh? I punch him," he answered.

"When?"

"At the start of our fight."

"Did his hand touch you?"

"Yeah," Itadori nodded.

"My attacks won't work on him," Nanami explained, making the young boy confused. "I'll explain while I'm lecturing you. However, I can halt his movements. Once we've created an opening, we'll shower him with blows. Akiba, it seems your technique won't work on him also. Focus on halting his movement. We'll make sure to exorcise him here."

"Yeah!" Itadori exclaimed after wiping the blood off on his lips. The curse then transformed one of his hand into a weapon while the other created an eye to keep track of Itadori. He dashed quickly towards the three and jumping before landing an attack to Nanami and her. Of course the three worked together and tried to find an opening by giving consecutive attacks towards him.

After the cursed tried on slicing Itadori, but failed since his agility was on top, Nanami went to slash him instead. But the cursed jumped and transformed its body to a thorned ball and attacked them with thorns from above. The three jujutsu sorcerers then easily avoided them swiftly and attacking the thorns near them. Not long after that, he turned back to his human form and the three dashed to attack him.

However, the cursed turn his body as a kid and ran away.

"Right before he changes shape.."

"He stores up cursed energy," Itadori finished.

"Good." The curse was laughing playfully. But then, he vomited three compressed transfigured human from his mouth before throwing them off and changing their size.

"Kill the short-haired brat," he ordered, and the three transfigured human ran towards Itadori. His plan did separate them as Mahito focused solely on Nanami while Itadori was against the three transfigured human. "I knew it. He can't kill humans." He said after slashing a hole at the walls.

Her threads then pulled the three transfigured humans away from Itadori and throwing them on the roof.

"Yuuji! Focus on him!" Y/N shouted and she went to the roof. The three transfigured humans were captured within her threads unable to move. She walked closer to them, eyes already reflected agony. "I'm sorry." As on cue, the threads on their body tightened and cutting them apart by pieces. She closed her eyes to pray for their souls before coming back to the battle field.

The moment she went back from it, they were attacking the curse consecutively making him unable to attack. She ran towards them, but in seconds he activated his Domain Expansion and surprisingly only captured her and Nanami inside, leaving Itadori outside.

"Shit," Nanami cursed.

"Right now, I'm just grateful to you," the cursed mumbled. There were hands everywhere her eyes looked. She looked around for Itadori but didn't see him anywhere. Her eyebrows furrowed as something must have happened that Mahito excluded him onto his Domain Expansion. Nanami took off his glasses and looked above.

"I don't need your gratitude. I've already received it from lots of others. I have no regrets," he smiled. Her hands were lifted slowly towards the curse. She was about to use her own Domain Expansion when a crash happening above them. The three immediately looked above and saw Itadori broke through Mahito's Domain Expansion.

"Yuuji?" she mumbled, shocked. Nanami's eyes widened as he just remembered that the more resistant the inside of the barrier is, the weaker it is to attack from outside. Domains are barriers specialized in trapping something inside so they're actually easy to invade. However, inside Itadori lied something that must not be touched. Her eyes went wide when she saw Sukuna there, sitting proudly on hi throne.

The domain broke down, leaving Mahito and his severe wound with blood spurted out of his body. Of course, they were baffled by what just happened, but Itadori took this chance to attack him quickly and exorcise him. On his last resort, Mahito accumulated all the remaining of his cursed energy and expanded himself before Itadori could punch him. However still, after his Divergent fist, Mahito blew up and his core escaped through a sewer.

"Bye-bye!" it said.

"Hold up!" Itadori shouted. She threw her threads to capture him, but as expected he transformed into a more elastic body and escaped easily.

"This was fun." Nanami was quick to put a blow on the sewer, but the curse has escaped.

"Ino-kun, the core has escaped into the sewers," he said over the phone. "Yes. Please scour everything from my current location to the southeast. Even you could exorcise him right now." She turned around and saw Itadori's body went limp.

"YuujI!" she shouted and rushed towards him, catching him before his fall. His head was in her lap while she tried to make sure he's still conscious. Nanami turned around and looked at them after he heard she shouted. "YuujI! Hang in there! Yuuji!"

"Itadori-kun!" he ran towards them. "Itadori-kun! Itadori-kun!"

--

After he regained his conscious, Ieiri able to heal him. The boy was in his temporary room, covered by his blanket. The door creaked opened, but he didn't pay any mind to it. For now, he just wanted to be alone. Footsteps came closer to his bed, and he could feel his bed sunk a bit. His head turned slightly to see who sat beside him. His eyes captured her figure, looking at him softly before he turned around again.

"Yuuji," she started.

"I can't help them," he cut her off. It was obvious that he tried hard not to broke down. "What was I doing? They're dead because of me."

"Yuuji."

"What am I supposed to do? I'm a failure!" he sobbed. "After proudly say I'll help others, in the end they're dead." She turned him around hard until his eyes met her. Just now, he realized how close their face was, stopping him from crying.

"Yuuji,you're not a God. You're human and that's okay. Having failures in our lives issomething we can't avoid," her voice was soft. "Don't blame yourself for it.The important thing is, you've done your best protecting them." She smiled athim and leaned back. His hands then wrapped suddenly on her waist while he wailedon her clothes, leaving tracks of tears evident. She smiled and caressed hishead gently