~Chapter 1~

(3rd person Pov)
"Y/N! Are you ready to go?" Mom shouted from downstairs.

"Yeah yeah just give me a minute!" Y/N yelled back.

Y/N had finished packing her belongings into the luggage. Her mom was going on an 8-month business trip, and she couldn't leave y/n by herself. Even if she was homeschooled, her mother didn't trust her at home by herself, especially for 8 months. She was going to live with her aunt and cousin Kiyoko, and she dreaded the idea of being in the same room as her "perfect cousin". She grabbed her bags and headed out the door. Her mom had already been waiting out in the car, so Y/N had to bring her belongings by herself.

"Are you ready sweetheart?" asked her mother.

"I guess," Y/N mumbled with no expression.

"Sweetie, I'm sorry I have to put you through this. Look on the bright side! You'll be with your family, it's another city you can explore, and you might even make some new friends at your new school!"

"WHAT?! NEW SCHOOL?!"

"Yes, your aunt and I agreed that it would be best for you to have some social interaction! Now don't even try to persuade either of us, you're going to this new school. End of discussion."

"Tsch, whatever."

(Y/N's POV)

After a long car ride, we stood in front of my aunt's house. It was even bigger than I had remembered. Kiyoko stood in the doorway and ran out. She threw her arms around me into a tight hug. I rolled my eyes but hugged her back out of respect. She annoyed the living hell out of me, but she was my cousin after all.

"It's been so long Y/N! Let us help you with your things and come inside," exclaimed Kiyoko.

"mmk," I said unamused.

Kiyoko helped me with my bags and we entered the house. It was very elegant and open, and in a way smelled like home. Kiyoko put my bags down and called my aunt over. She came running and hugged my mother tightly. She then turned her attention to me and planted a small kiss on my forehead. I wanted so badly to wipe it off, but I figured might as well not be rude.

"Hello, sister! Hello Y/N! It's been so long! Please come and join us for tea!"

"As much as I would love to do so, I have a flight to catch. I'll be home soon Y/N, please be on your best behavior,"

"whatever, bye mom," I uttered

She planted a kiss on my cheek and headed out the door. Kiyoko grabbed some of my bags and took them to the guest room. It was nice and small, but it didn't have much decoration, so it wasn't anything special. After 10 minutes of putting my clothes away, I entered Kiyoko's room. I saw she had changed. It looked like a track uniform, but it read Karasuno Highschool Volleyball Club.

"Didn't think someone like you would be into volleyball,"

"Oh, I'm the manager for the boy's team. They have practice today and I have to go. I thought you play volleyball?"

"Played. I stopped a while ago."

"What position did you play?"

"I was the setter, but all of the other girls were a bunch of idiots and couldn't keep up, so I quit."

"You should come with me to their practice today! I'd bet you would love to meet them!"

"Wait, why do they have practice? Are those idiots really spending their free time for shit like that?"

"The boys work very hard Y/N, I think you should come to see for yourself! Plus it's not like you have plans,"

"I actually have a date dumbass,"