15- 'Dude, it's like 3am!'

Start from the beginning

"Didn't Cal ever try warning them?" I ask out of pity.

"Yeah, well, that's bothering me too," Luke looks at me, "Why did he warn you about it when he knows perfectly well what kind of a guy I am."

I shrug in anonymity and speak further, "Maybe he finally felt bad for the fan-race."

"Maybe," Luke agrees and rests back in his chair, "Or maybe it's just you," he chuckles.

"Okay, what?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"Was it so hard to comprehend?" He smirks, "I think he likes you."

"No no no no we're not having this talk," I nod my head, "Tell me more about you and Aleisha."

"Oooh, wait," he sits up straight, his eyes beaming out excitement, "You said you had to tell me something?"

"Ehh, no?" I try lying but only fail.

"I'm not a loser, Ev. I tend to remember stuff," he looks at me with a straight face.

"Ehh, no, Luke," I look away, "I don't remember it."

Boy, I wish I hadn't said that before. Because basically, I didn't feel like discussing Calum Hood with his best mate at 2:30 a.m. in a completely isolated retro cafe. And neither did I feel too good about all this because I was dizzy with all the caffeine that was running in my system relentlessly. Four coffees could actually escalate my brain functioning to a level where I could slap Luke for asking me random questions. Only, I knew that I couldn't possibly be doing that because he's such a cute little baby.

"Don't you lie to me, brat," he slams his hand lightly on the table, "I know very well that look when you hide something."

"We shouldn't have FaceTime-d so much. You know me too well," I let out an inaudible sigh.

He laughs, "For the good, I guess," he takes yet another sip and leans on the table, "Now tell me before I rape your brain."

I laugh at his nerve and open my mouth to confess, "I think I like someone," I bite my lip.

"Sweeeet," he grins like a thirteen year old 5SOS fan and rests in his chair again, "Who's the lucky dude?"

"I can't tell you that."

"It's not me, is it?" He sticks out his tongue.

"Of course not, hahaha, I mean you were close. But no, it's someone different."

"Do I know him?"

"I--I don't think I should say that," I glance at my phone for God knows what reasons and Luke snatches it immediately, unlocking the screen with his thumb.

"Oh," he smiles teasingly while staring at my phone wallpaper, "Him."

I basically curse the fan girl in me for doing such a stupid thing, but then I deal with it anyways.

"Yes, him," I nod.

"I think he is too old for you, though." Luke takes a closer look at my Andrew Garfield wallpaper and I feel like giggling my heart out because duh, I'm fooling you, Luke.

Hah. Of course, there's no way I'll tell you about who I adore, Lukey! You think I'm less worried about it myself to let you into the matter as well? Puhlease.

I thank the 'sane' part of me for changing the wallpaper while we drove here because it was just after I had confessed to Luke about telling him something, that I realized I didn't have the courage to talk about Calum to him. Well, I still don't.

What if things went worse? I didn't want to take a chance.

"Hey, you got a message," he hands me my phone while I'm lost in my thoughts and I take it, "I'll be right back," he says while walking towards the Men's Room, "And I think we need to leave, it's already past 2:30."