Chapter 2 - "It's part of my charm."

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure you're used to the loudest girls in town." Franklin teased, nudging his elbow into Niall's arm.

"You know I am." Niall grinned. "I'd also like to take credit for making them even louder."

"As if that would have been possible." Franklin laughed.

"Are you doubting my sex skills?"

I rolled my eyes and decided it was time for me to zone out.

Those twenty minutes past rather slow but now we were outside a house. Despite there were only one floor, the house was pretty big.

I awkwardly followed the rest towards the entrance and as soon as we stepped inside, I felt the music pound in my chest. The house smelled like alcohol, sweat, vomit and some cheap perfume. Without thinking about it, I wrinkled my nose.

When I looked back to the group I arrived with, I saw that Niall was the only one left.

"What are you waiting for? Go, make some friends." He told me.

It's not that easy

My eyes flickered across the room and I felt the anxiety grow inside of me. Out of old habit I wrapped my arms around my stomach to make myself feel smaller.

"Give me your phone."

I stared up at Niall who was now standing right in front of me.

"I'll put my number in, so you can call me if you get lost or some shit." He explained, making sure to roll his eyes.

He probably thought I was annoying.

I handed him my phone and he quickly added his number before giving it back to me.

"Now, if you'll excuse me."

Seconds later he was gone. And I was alone, in an unknown house with tons of strangers.

I took a deep breath to ease the anxiety, and started to make my way through the house. There were people everywhere and most of them were already really drunk. I don't mind people drinking, but I had to admit it made me a bit uncomfortable.

I ended up in the kitchen. A couple were snuggling against the counter and a guy was mixing drinks right next to the couple. The guy eventually turned around and laid his eyes on me.

"Hey, you up for a drink?"

"Um..." I trailed off.

I mean I didn't want to drink something I didn't know what it was, but at the same time I didn't want people to see me as a loser. I also didn't want to be rude.

"You're allowed to say no." The guy added, smiling at me. "I have tons of other stuff to offer."

"So it's your party?" I managed to ask.

"Yeah." He chuckled. "I'm guessing your brother forced you here?"

"Actually, no."

"No?" The guy raised his eyebrows a little. "I don't think I've ever seen Olivia Crawford at a party before."

"Don't get used to it." I mumbled, mostly to myself.

He made his way past me and was about to leave the room when he turned back to me.

"If you're wondering anything, just ask for me."

"I don't even know your name." I told him. "It can be helpful to know whom to look for."

The guy smirked a little.

"Tyler."

And then there were just me and the couple left.