- chapter 40 -

y/n chewed on her lip, olivia stood next to her as louis and marcel stayed in front of them.

"what's he doing now?" olivia mumbled, and she refused the urge to turn around and see for herself.

louis stretched his chin, trying not make it obvious that he was watching someone. "he has a script in front of him but he's on his phone."

"how are we doing this again?" marcel asked, "he's sitting at a table – not looking exactly approachable right now."

josh sat about ten feet behind them, the work office was empty at the moment, most of the cast crew on set with jenna. the plan basically fell apart due to jenna being pulled from them to reshoot a scene.

"i don't know," liv groaned, "jenna was supposed to do this part since she's the only one he doesn't actually hate."

y/n looked over her shoulder, peering over at the boy sitting down, he had just laughed at something on his phone. she turned back to the people in front of her.

"one of you two do it, olivia and i are out of the question."

"what?!" louis exclaimed, "why us?!"

"because!"

"because why?!" marcel whined.

"oh my god!" y/n sighed and cleared her throat, bracing herself. "what do i even say to him?! he hates me!"

louis threw head his back, putting both hands on y/n's shoulders, shaking them violently. "you're an actress!" he said. "improv!"

"so are you!" she yelled, and louis slapped his hand over her mouth as olivia groaned.

"just go!" marcel took over, removing louis' arms from her and turning her around before giving her a sharp push.

she wobbled forward but was able to catch herself from marcel's push, muttering her fair share of stressed cusses.

"assholes."

"we heard that."

"you were supposed to."

y/n dragged her feet all the way to the table, dreading the fact that she had to even look at him off of set. josh looked up when her shadow covered him, he blinked at her, not wanting to flash any sign of emotion.

she had to produce a plan, she had to improv.

and what worked best on men?

flatter him, make his head big. she had to earn his trust– show that she meant no harm, that she was here for reason.

"hi." she said.

he rose a brow.

"so," she cleared her throat, taking a seat across from him. josh pursed his lips, setting down his phone as he crossed his arms. "tomorrow, me and... olivia are performing something."

he shifted when she mentioned olivia's name, his eyes hardening but she continued, ignoring it.

"we wrote a song for the show a couple months ago, and since we're almost done filming, we thought it'd be a good idea to release it now."

"and why does this involve me?"

she bit her tongue.

"well all of us just figured that you're a big part of the show that you should experience it with all of us."

his eyes glimmered but he was still hesitant.

flatter him, she thought, despite it hurting her ego she had to fill his. just get him to agree.

"cmon, josh." she said. "this show probably wouldn't have even happen if it wasn't for you, you were a big part."

his arms fell from his chest a bit and that let her know she was picking away his facade successfully.

y/n cleared her throat, lifting her hand and motioning at the people a couple of feet behind them. "everyone but me and liv will be at home if that helps."

"what time?" josh opened up to the idea, still a bit of security around his tone.

"any time," y/n said, then her eyes glimmered. "you can even bring... what's her name?"

"oh, her name's-"

"nevermind, i actually don't really care." she rolled her eyes. "but you can bring her, i guess. if you want." sarcasm drenched her tongue.

"okay." he said with an eye roll. "i'll see."

bingo.

"great!" she set her hands down on the table as she rose to her feet. "you'll be there... maybe even with your- whatever the hell she is to you."

she was walking away before he could say another word, a smile on her face.

everything goes according to plan.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Y/N DOWNEY

Liked by oliviarodrigo, chrisevans, louispartridge_, robertdowneyjr and 5,901,834 others

y/ndowney: SNL WITH MY BABY TOMORROW <3 performing something extremely special!!!!! see u there.

view all comments

username: YOURE JOKING

username: i ascended to the heavens because of this

username: OMFGGG ‼️‼️‼️

louispartridge_: 😼😼😼 SNL SNL SNL

y/ndowney: louispartridge_ SNLLLLLL 😼😼😼

oliviarodrigo: I OWE YOU SO MUCH Y/N I LOVE YOU FOREVER

y/ndowney: oliviarodrigo I LOVE YOU LIV BABE

username: this is gonna be so good

username: what are they performing. i must know.

itsmarcelruiz: jennaortega tomholland2013 EVERYTHING GOES ACCORDING TO PLAN

jennaortega: itsmarcelruiz YES IT DOES 😏😏

tomholland2013: itsmarcelruiz MHM!!!

y/nlove: FREAKING OUT SO BAD 🙆🙆🙆

william.franklyn.miller: ILL BE THERE

y/ndowney: william.franklyn.miller AHHH WILL

username: GOODNIGHT BESTIE IM SO EXCITED, GOODNIGHT BESTIE IM SO EXCITED!

y/nslemons: i was not prepared for this information.

nbcsnl: See you guys there!!!

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

syd speaks

17...

anyway this is for andie cus i don't
want anyone to read angel anymore .

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇