"Hey, Juno?" Blaise broke his silence, catching the attention not only of Juno herself, but Draco too. His head snapped up, his brow furrowing as he watched Blaise plaster on his most charming smile as he spoke to Juno. Juno met Blaise's gaze with wide eyes, confused and apprehensive. 

"You're good with herbology, right?" Blaise continued, she quirked her brow up at him, nodding for him to continue. "Sprout says I need to get my grades up or she'll take me out of the class, she gave me yours, Longbottom's and Granger's names for tutors, and I need herbology to be a healer-" Draco scoffed at this, Blaise noted it, but ignored him all the same. "Do you think you could tutor me?" 

"Oh- er," She stammered, her eyes flitting towards Draco who was now scowling at his book, his nostrils flaring, and his jaw locked. "You might be better asking Neville- he's the top of the class-" 

"A Gryffindor? You must be joking-" Blaise laughed, his eyes crinkling in the corners. "Please? You'd be doing me a huge favour. I'll bring a picnic, we can make a date of it-" He smirked, causing a light blush to spread over Juno's cheeks, and Pansy to stop stroking Ladon and shoot him a curious look. Meanwhile the grip on Draco's book got tighter, his knuckles turning white, chewing on the inside of his cheek furiously. Noting her silence, Blaise laughed and threw his hands up, "Okay, maybe not a date, but studying? Please-" 

"Sure," She breathed. Draco slammed his book shut, quickly standing to his feet. 

"I'm going to change into my robes," He huffed, brushing past Juno as he swiftly left the compartment. Blaise felt smug inside, Draco had given him just the reaction he expected. 

"Thanks," Blaise continued, shooting her an appreciative smile. "I'll catch you in one of our classes and we can organise some times to meet?" Juno merely nodded, offering him a quick smile before turning back to Pansy. 

"I should get going now, badgers and snakes don't really tend to mix," 

"It was nice speaking to you," Pansy smiled, giving Ladon one final head scratch before she sat down. 

"See you," She waved, heading back out of the carriage to find an empty one of her own. The train had set off as she'd been speaking to the Slytherins, so the walkways were deserted. As she continued her search for a seat, she bumped into Draco. 

"Decided to finally leave then?" He huffed, crossing his arms over his chest - she frowned at him. "Thought you'd be joining us for the entire train ride," 

"Draco, they spoke to me, what did you want me to do? Ignore them?"  He scoffed, rolling his eyes and turning his back to her. "You said yourself you think Pansy and I are similar-" 

"It's not her I'm concerned about. A date? With Blaise? Really? And you agreed-" 

"I didn't agree to a date, I agreed to tutor him, he was just joking around." 

"We'll see how much he's joking around when he's fucked you and never speaks to you again," 

"My sex life has absolutely nothing to do with you, Draco Malfoy, not that I'm going to fuck Blaise. Alright? I don't know why you're so bothered-"

"Whatever," 

"Don't be like that, Draco," She sighed, her voice soft, deflated. He turned back to face her, his expression softening once again as he clocked her sad expression. She lifted her kitten further up her chest, burying her chin in his fur. 

"Ladon?" He smirked, his tone lighter than before. 

"Oh, shut it," She smiled shyly, "He reminded me of you." 

"Listen, we can't talk here, but I'll see you Friday?" 

She nodded, and, with that, he turned and was gone. Upon reentering the carriage the fury inside him was reignited as he saw Blaise smugly splayed out over the seat, Pansy interrogating him; 

"A Hufflepuff?" Pansy laughed, bewilderedly. He just shrugged in response. "Okay, she's hot and she seemed nice enough but she doesn't really seem like your -- type," 

"I really do need a tutor, but, what can I say, I see a pretty lady and I flirt with her," He shrugged again. Draco was trying his hardest to seem unaffected by Blaise's words, when truthfully all he wanted to do was slam Blaise's head against the window. "If she helps me gets my grade up that's great, anything else is an added bonus," He wiggled his brows. 

"Can you both shut the fuck up for just a minute, I'm trying to read-" Draco fumed, clenching and unclenching the muscles of his jaw. They both looked at him with puzzled expressions. "You're wasting your breath talking about a fucking Hufflepuff - having her in here was bad enough, I don't want to have to listen to you two incompetent fucks go on about her all the way back to Hogwarts," 

"You need to relieve some stress, mate," Blaise whistled, "Maybe you could find a pretty little Hufflepuff of your own," he joked, sending his friend a teasing look, giggles falling from Pansy's lips. This only fuelled his anger. 

"Fuck off, Zabini," He snarled, standing to his feet. 

"Where are you going?" Pansy questioned. 

"To find an empty carriage to get away from you insufferable twats," And with a slam of the door, he was gone, leaving the remaining two Slytherins slightly puzzled, but amused. 

"What's gotten into him?" Pansy chuckled.

"You're going to think I'm crazy, so hear me out, okay?" She nodded, eager for him to continue. "I think there's something going on between Lovegood and Malfoy-" 

"What?! You're insane, there's no fucking way-" 

"It might not be romantic, or sexual or anything, there's just something, I know it - they communicate-" 

In hushed whispers he filled Pansy in on everything he'd seen over the last few months, she listened intently, her brow furrowed, not entirely convinced but curious nonetheless. 

"Just look out for it, okay? You don't see it unless you're looking, but it's there," He finished. 

"I just don't see it. In no world would Malfoy ever have anything to do with Lovegood, especially not now. His family is so involved with the Dark Lord, there could never be anything functional between them. We're on the brink of a war that they're on opposite sides of, for Christ sake." 

"I know, that's what makes it all the more confusing-" 

Pansy sat quietly, digesting the information Blaise had just given her - a hunger to know yearning to be satiated. She'd always loved Draco, but she'd spent the last school year working through getting over him, and now, all she wanted was for him to be happy. She saw him as a dear friend, despite how closed and cold he was, despite the fact he insisted he had no friends, she cared about him, and she wanted what was best for him. Maybe in another life he and Juniper Lovegood could have been good for each other, but with the war that was on the horizon, and the fact they would be on opposing sides, whatever it was between them, was only going to cause more hurt than necessary. 

AN: sorry it's so short, it's just a little filler <3 pls remember to vote, comment and share - thank u xxx