Prologue - Drop of my Life

Before we begin I'd like to warn everyone of sensitive content in this book as there will be 'suicide' and 'self-harm' involved and I'd to warn of that beforehand as it will appear at various points in the book.

The first few chapters might be pretty heavy but it will be getting lighter as story progresses and bonds will be formed.

Title has two meanings, depending if you take 'drop' as noun or verb and both fit with it.

( Narrator P.o.V )

City, Rooftop

Midnight

There are three diffrent kinds of people in this world by birth. There are those who were born in purple, starting and going through life without a difficulty and just rolling past any possible problem or throwing their parent's money or influence at it making everything solved. There are those who have a normal life, nothing too hard but still with a bump on the way and then...

There are people like us. People with no luck, those who were born with a negative luck and the moment they appeared their lives already went downhill with nearly no hope of going upwards. People who loose everything their earn and fail at work that could change their lives for the better.

Some people, most probably those who had easy life, would just say 'try harder' but there no such thing when your fate is full of misery.

Being young you didn't understand it at first but this world... You are either a sheep, following the rest or kissing the ass of someone above you to survive or you're a lone wolf, technically dangerous but only if you have the right occassion because otherwise... You'll be just trampled.

When you were young you were sickly, going almost from one sickness onto another and loosing a lot of possible friends. When you finally got to school years you were made fun of, mostly staying at home to get through didn't give you a lot of... physical activity, leaving you rather chubby.

Somehow you've managed through it and finally your growth spurt hit, finally you looked at yourself in diffrent light. You were looking better your body fitting your new height... Until you got sick again. Better yet? No cure, you have to just... outlive it, but they pack you full of steroids. That lead to all the hard work you've done with your body during growth spurt were for nothing and once again you felt... unfitting and unfit. Worse yet, for the next year no physical activity to fully recover.

People you considered friends turned their backs on you because after helping them they had you for nothing. Your best friend left you behind to some random who came from other city. Even after finally recovering and somehow managing to work on yourself again to look like a 'normal' person... Well, at least you had brains.

Stuck in this reality you'd though home is an escape but... No. Your father is very easily angered and mom's too meek to do anything. She was, however, the only person who supported you no matter what no when sickness claimed her... You were left with nothing.

After finishing highschool you were left with nothing. No family, no friends, no work, no way of progressing and only hate for yourself. There was nothing to do. Nothing to feel. Nothing to live for. And 'living for the sake of living' wasn't worth it.

And that's why you're here, at the edge of the building, looking down into an alleyway far below. You waited until it was completely dark and late into night to make sure it's a suicide not a kamikaze. One letter in the pocket of your pants and another in your room.