Valerius x Reader

Alright! Wine man finally gets a oneshot! This was requested by starrdustty. I hope you enjoy!  **art is not mine**
------------------------------------------------------------

The sounds of birds chirping and bees buzzing filled your ears as you walked into the palace gardens. You always loved spring, and enjoyed the different types of flowers that came with it. You took in a deep breath, and smiled. Nothing could ruin this peaceful moment...except Valerius sneezing his ass off.

Your eyes narrow at the man with allergies, and sigh. "Why are you looking at me like that?" He says with a mild grimace as he rubs his nose. "We need to find out what's causing your allergies. You keep complaining that you can't breathe, you sneeze all the time, and you sound like an alien when you talk." You say, handing him a tissue. "Y/N, I am fine, it's going to take a little more than allergies to-" he was abruptly cut off by a sneeze. "..."

"...okay fine. Let's see what magic tricks you've got up your sleeve." He muttered. You gave him a determined smile and went to work. Picking materials from your mini pouch, you put together a blend of herbs to help him with allergies. "...? Is that lemongrass-? Eugh, absolutely not." He spat. You frowned, you had forgotten how picky he could be. Sighing, you let him choose what goes in his mix and what was discarded to the side. To your frustration, most of the helpful items were switched in favor of the better smelling ones.

Wrapping up his choices, he goes to sit on a nearby garden bench, and you join him. You sit together in peaceful silence, until you feel something on your hand. It's his own, awkwardly placed over yours. You smile a bit, and he looks over at you. "What?" Valerius asks intently. "Your hand." You say, smiling at him. He looks at his hand in utter betrayal, and quickly pulls away. "You must've used some sort of spell on me, you witch." He mutters. "Oh pray tell, what kind of spell would that be?" You ask with a smirk.

Valerius wasn't the best at showing his feelings, especially when it came towards you. Especially since the whole Lucio incident. He found you annoying at first, but soon you became... intriguing. You were talented, smart, and had a sense of humor similar to his. He realized you had a lot more in common than he first thought, and needless to say he's been thinking about you quite a lot these days. Taking a deep breath and staring into your eyes, he goes to take your hands into his. Somewhat surprised by this gesture, your eyes widen.

He scoffs, a light pink coating his face. "Tch, honestly. Not very fair of you to cast such a powerful love spell on me." He says, the confidence in his voice wavering. This is something you were not expecting. You start to chuckle, then laugh. Valerius's face drops, and he looks away. You quickly tighten your grip on his hands. "Val, look at me." You say softly, his eyes hesitantly making their way back to yours. You give him a peck on the cheek and he panics. "I love you too." You mutter and bring him closer to you.

Valerius was left dumbfounded, but happy nonetheless. Letting go of your hands he holds you in a tight embrace. You cuddle in silence for a while, until he's called away for a meeting. As he gets up, you smile, and when he's out of sight, you look back towards where you came from. "...Portia get out of the maze walls." You say, making her shriek.

You make awkward eye contact. "...um..." she's to panicked from being caught. "That was nice of you to play match maker, but please make sure that Pepi doesn't get anymore fur on his clothes. I don't think his poor allergies could take it." You say, causing her to freeze up. "Em..right-!" She says, and runs off. You sigh, and walk back indoors, thinking of your beloved.
------------------------------------------------------------
I FINALLY STARTED WRITING ON THIS AGAIN GOOD GOD- SORRY THIS TOOL SO LONG TO GET DONE >__<" 

As for updates I'm debating on something so for right now, it's an awkward maybe- But thank you all for reading up the this point! I'm honored that y'all find my writing good 🥺