seventy-four

"I know you. Mercedes." I rolled my eyes and tried to push him off of me. "Mercedes. Look at me"

He grabbed the sides of my face and forced my eyes to line up with his. My stubborn ass moved my eyes around and he shook my head.

"You're making me want to throw you out of this car." He growled

"Please." I gave him a puppy lip. He grinned but knocked it off of his face to focus on the conversation.

"God yo-. I-. Mmmmm." He stuttered making random noises. "YOURE SO DIFFICULT"

"Thanks." I puckered my lips and made a stupid face acting like i wanted a kiss from him.

"Please Mercedes. Please." I sighed and he let go of his grip.

"Sure."

"Sure?"

"Yeah speak."

"Speak?"

"Really? Speak about why you had to just shoved me into your keep."

"Oh."

"Yeah." I said dramatically.

"Okay. During the party. The part where you saw Zoe on me. Before that Aiden-"

"Aiden?"

"Yeah. Aiden Collins." I looked shocked and my eyes widened since i forgot about him.

"He pulled me aside after homecoming. If you remembered. He overheard Zoe and Corbin talking. He told me they had a plan to ruin our relationship so Zoe can have me and Corbin could have you."

"Oh okay."

"Excuse me? WHAT." Paxton looked like he was bout to spill out of the car. "We didn't talk to each other for, i don't even know how long, AND you just said OH OKAY. After i only told you the beginning of it." Paxton snapped.

"Yeah"

"I really want you to get out." Paxton said and i put my hands up in defense. "But stay." He sighed. "Why the oh okay."

"I don't even understand what else happened. I just said oh okay because Corbin came with a drink in his hand after whatever the fuck happened and tried helping me, but i just snatched his drink."

Paxton laughed. "Sounds like typical Mercedes."

"Okay. Now the rest." At this point i was getting into the whole thing now and trying to understand it before Paxton told me everything.

"I was in the bathroom and i heard them talking. When i walked out i was going to confront them. Well i did but Zoe still managed to put herself on me. Then you saw. But even then Devi went and kicked the back of her leg to get her out of place. I ran upstairs."

"Yeah. You didn't chase after me until i was about to leave." That was a big part of me wanting to go and not come back. He didn't chase after me. If he did i would've felt like he cared. But it felt like he didn't at the time.

"Trent had me go upstairs to gather myself. I had also felt dizzy. It would've been bad if i chased after you. I did pass out upstairs."

"I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?" He questioned. "Why?"

"Because i was just selfish and left. I didn't listen."

"Yeah. You're not wrong." I glared. "But i literally loved you so much it wasn't funny. I never got over you. Never. It hurt for me to not see what was going on in your life since you ghosted everyone."

"I've always lo-" I stopped myself because saying i've always loved him was something i couldn't prepare myself for. Especially to say it to his face.