Story Time. // Chapter Two.

Levi handed me a bowl of soup and a small loaf of bread as I sat next to him.

I was rather skinny, mostly due to being confined to poor food choices and living on my own for the past Gods know how many years now.

I remained silent as I ate slowly, looking around the table at the other people that sat there.

As Levi walked in with me, those who were in the mess hall stared and whispered to each other about who I could be and why the infamous Levi Ackerman would be caring for them. It quieted down soon after the ravenette gave them a glance.

"Hey, Y/N." Erwin spoke up, gently reaching across the table to ruffle my hair.

I waved shyly and took a small bite from the bread I'd been given.

"Hi, Mister." I answered after swallowing.

"You look better. Do you feel better?" The blonde asked me. I nodded slowly and brought my hand up to cover my mouth as I yawned softly.

Hange, the brunette female from earlier, smiled at me and squealed quietly as a light pink blush spread over her cheeks.

"They're so precious!" She said, staring at me.

I tilted my head to the side slightly, a bit of my hair falling into my face. Levi lightly brushed the strands out of my eyes and motioned me to continue eating.

"I know." The ravenette spoke, glancing up at Hange. "They're adorable. That's why it's going to be my duty to protect them from now on." He whispered the last part, although I was still able to hear it.

Dinner passed by rather quickly after that. I ate my portion as well as some of Hange's, since she'd insisted on feeding me a I'd gain a bit more weight.

The four of us were now sitting in Erwin's office, Levi talking to the other two as I sat in his lap and listened intently.

"I fully intend to take them under my care. Seeing the way that they lived in the Underground stirred something inside of me snd I refuse to allow them to be forced back into that... That hell." Levi said, staring into Erwin's eyes.

The blonde nodded slowly and allowed his lips to curl up into a smile.

"I understand, Levi. Just don't allow their presence to distract you from your duties in the Scout regiment. Understood?" Levi nodded once.

"Crystal."

"We still have a lot to learn about them as well, unless you managed to get something out of them while cleaning them up?" Erwin asked.

"Their full name is Y/N L/N. They don't remember exactly how old they are, but if they had to guess they would say around nine or ten." Levi said, looking down at me as I stared up at him. "We found them in the state we did because their family was killed. Murdered, actually. That was the last thing I asked since I didn't want to stress them out."

Erwin nodded and looked at me. I leaned back into Levi's chest and played with the lower hem of the shirt I wore.

"I-I can help out around here too! I can clean up and do other things if you need me too!" I squeaked out, my cheeks heating up in hopes that I would be accepted.

"That's unnecessary, Y/N." Hange said. "Hey, can you read or wri-" Hange was cut off as Levi clicked his tongue.

"Of course she can't. The Underground doesn't teach things like that, especially when it comes to orphans." He said. I nodded slowly and looked down into my lap.