Maybe that was part of it? Maybe missing him was what was making you think about him more? Maybe you weren't falling for him?

  Lie. Blatant lie and you know it.

  "So you'll be there?" you asked, "It's not very fancy but you can't look too casual."

  "Yes, I'll be there. If only to see the look on Bruce's face when he realises he's been tricked."

  You laughed, "Great. I'll see you this evening then. Five thirty. Don't be late."

  "Don't worry I won't. Love you."

  God, those words. He only meant it in a brotherly way, but you couldn't help wishing it was more.

  "Love you too," you said, not meaning it in a sisterly way, but how was he going to tell the difference, right?

  You hung up, sighing at the phone in your hand. Why did you have to fall for a guy who saw you as a sister? A little sister at that.

  What were you thinking? Even if he didn't see you as a sibling, you were three years younger than him. You were still in high school for pete's sake! And he was going to be a senior in college next year.

  And there was the tiny little part about soulmates. Each person in this world had one. When they told each other they loved each other for the first time their soulmate's name appeared on their wrist. You and Dick had told each other 'I love you' countless times and nothing had ever happened. Besides, you weren't even sure you had a soulmate. You hadn't been born in this world after all.

  Shaking your head, you went back to planning.

  It was an hour til the party. You, Cassie and Barbra were getting ready in your room. You went into your bathroom to put on your dress.

  You were slipping it on when you saw something

  "Um... girls..." you said, stepping out of the bathroom, staring down at your wrist in shock.

  "Oh, that dress is beautiful!" Cassie gushed.

  "Hey, what's wrong? Did you hurt your wrist or something?" Barbra asked.

  A smile and a blush was slowly making its way onto your face, "No... look."

  You showed them the tattoo.

  "Oh my..." Cassie gasped.

  Barbra grinned, "I knew it."

  You blushed harder, "I-I honestly thought he just saw me as a sister, but for this to be possible he must... love me."

  The doorbell downstairs rang.

  "That'll be some of the guests. I should go greet them," you said, putting your pretty gold sandals on and hurrying out of the room, desperate to get away from their knowing grins.